• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
face recognition
Hi it would be great if PP 10 had a face recognition element. So that If I was working on 20-30 photos of the same person. I didn't need to re-do their eyes and mouth everytime for each new photo?

If PP already does this can someone please let me know how?

Thanks

(08-17-2011, 07:56 AM)Troilus72 Wrote: Hi it would be great if PP 10 had a face recognition element. So that If I was working on 20-30 photos of the same person. I didn't need to re-do their eyes and mouth everytime for each new photo?

Thanks

I would agree but add in a comment that face recognition technology is no small piece of logic. Rolleyes Add in to that the liklihood of the face changing perspective/angle and you have additional problems lining up the marks (eyes/nose/lips) each time.

I don't think we'll see anything like this very soon--and certainly not for this price. Wink
A veteran is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America," for an amount of "up to and including my life".

(08-17-2011, 12:32 PM)Slynky Wrote:
(08-17-2011, 07:56 AM)Troilus72 Wrote: Hi it would be great if PP 10 had a face recognition element. So that If I was working on 20-30 photos of the same person. I didn't need to re-do their eyes and mouth everytime for each new photo?

Thanks

I would agree but add in a comment that face recognition technology is no small piece of logic. Rolleyes Add in to that the liklihood of the face changing perspective/angle and you have additional problems lining up the marks (eyes/nose/lips) each time.

I don't think we'll see anything like this very soon--and certainly not for this price. Wink

Ok face recognition maybe a bit of a stretch, but what about if you set the eyes, nose, mouth, etc, on a bunch of photos and then you could do a bulk change to exposure, skin tone, temperature, etc?
Rather than doing each photo individually? Surely a bulk changer wouldn't be too hard, then afterwards we could go through and tweak each photo individually?

(08-19-2011, 04:07 AM)Troilus72 Wrote:

Thanks

Ok face recognition maybe a bit of a stretch, but what about if you set the eyes, nose, mouth, etc, on a bunch of photos and then you could do a bulk change to exposure, skin tone, temperature, etc?
Rather than doing each photo individually? Surely a bulk changer wouldn't be too hard, then afterwards we could go through and tweak each photo individually?

You might be onto something there by making use of existing features...

If you agree that marking eyes (etc.) need to be done on each photo, then one could easily apply a saved preset to each one...perhaps even in some batch mode.
A veteran is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America," for an amount of "up to and including my life".

(08-19-2011, 10:01 AM)Slynky Wrote:

Thanks

Exactly!I'm only new to this so I'm assuming there is no batch or bulk setting?

If you agree that marking eyes (etc.) need to be done on each photo, then one could easily apply a saved preset to each one...perhaps even in some batch mode.

(08-20-2011, 02:16 AM)Troilus72 Wrote:
(08-19-2011, 10:01 AM)Slynky Wrote:

Thanks

Exactly!I'm only new to this so I'm assuming there is no batch or bulk setting?

All I've done is save a preset (with a person's name on it) in case I wanted to get it back to what it was and make a minor change. I haven't experimented with any kind of batch processing, though.

You might be the first to explore that approach.....Big Grin

i think face recognition is generally used for password and protection Lenovo has been also used these technology in the laptops which is so far proved successful thus face recognition is really good and gives nice privacy of your utilities and devices .
Softweb Solutions Inc.