• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Think I have found V12 for Mac but pricing is a mess
After not getting any responses from Admins on here about Ver 12 for Macs I thought I would see if I could actually buy it and it does in fact seem available but the pricing structure is a complete mess.

I will try to explain my findings as best I can.

Firstly, at present I have PP Studio 64 Edition Ver 11

If I use my token in License manager it confirms that I have that edition and gives me the option to upgrade to Ver 12.

If I follow that link it gives me the Studio 64 Edition (Same as I have but I hope Ver 12) for a staggering $112 and this is at half price! $112 for an upgrade from V11 to V12?!

So, out of curiosity, I just went straight to the website to see what upgrade options were there.

From there it gives me the different version so I can select the version I have and see what I can upgrade to.

For my Studio 64 edition Ver 11 (or older) I only have one choice and that choice is to upgrade to Studio Max for a price of, get this, $112. Hmm same price as an upgrade to the inferior Studio Pro edition.

Because that was the only option I would try something else

I chose Studio Version 11 or Older (Not the 64Bit version)

To upgrade to latest version of Studio edition and I believe V12 supports both 32Bit and 64Bit it is $59.95

So it seems that I could upgrade an older version than the one I have at present to the latest version for considerably less than if I want to upgrade what I already have!!

Now here is the best bit

Lets assume I do not have PP at all.

If I want to buy outright Portrait Pro Studio Ver 12 it will cost me $79.95

So Portrait Professional People. Please explain to me why, as an owner of a previous version of PP that I have bought with my hard earned cash, am I expected to pay more money for the upgrade than it would to actually just buy the latest version outright.

You really need to investigate both your licence manager and your pricing structure because it is an absolute mess!!

I really hope one of the admins relies this time rather than just hopes it gets forgotten about.

By the way I have also raised a support question asking the same thing

(02-01-2014, 10:08 PM)Skids Wrote: After not getting any responses from Admins on here about Ver 12 for Macs I thought I would see if I could actually buy it and it does in fact seem available but the pricing structure is a complete mess.

I will try to explain my findings as best I can.

Firstly, at present I have PP Studio 64 Edition Ver 11

If I use my token in License manager it confirms that I have that edition and gives me the option to upgrade to Ver 12.

If I follow that link it gives me the Studio 64 Edition (Same as I have but I hope Ver 12) for a staggering $112 and this is at half price! $112 for an upgrade from V11 to V12?!

So, out of curiosity, I just went straight to the website to see what upgrade options were there.

From there it gives me the different version so I can select the version I have and see what I can upgrade to.

For my Studio 64 edition Ver 11 (or older) I only have one choice and that choice is to upgrade to Studio Max for a price of, get this, $112. Hmm same price as an upgrade to the inferior Studio Pro edition.

Because that was the only option I would try something else

I chose Studio Version 11 or Older (Not the 64Bit version)

To upgrade to latest version of Studio edition and I believe V12 supports both 32Bit and 64Bit it is $59.95

So it seems that I could upgrade an older version than the one I have at present to the latest version for considerably less than if I want to upgrade what I already have!!

Now here is the best bit

Lets assume I do not have PP at all.

If I want to buy outright Portrait Pro Studio Ver 12 it will cost me $79.95

So Portrait Professional People. Please explain to me why, as an owner of a previous version of PP that I have bought with my hard earned cash, am I expected to pay more money for the upgrade than it would to actually just buy the latest version outright.

You really need to investigate both your licence manager and your pricing structure because it is an absolute mess!!

I really hope one of the admins relies this time rather than just hopes it gets forgotten about.

By the way I have also raised a support question asking the same thing
I agree with your findings... the price structure for upgrading is a mess. I wonder when they will correct this...
I too have the v11 64bit version and based on the new v12 I would just like to upgrade to the Studio version.

If you take a look at the editions page you can see the top of the range edition now is Portrait Pro Studio Max which costs $149.95 and is the equivalent to the edition you have of Portrait Professional Studio 64.
http://www.portraitprofessional.com/editions/

We understand that some people would like to go from the premium edition and downgrade their edition while upgrading the version. To do this please open a support ticket and the support team will be able to help.

What has happened with v12 is that we are making all editions available as 64 bit as well as 32 bit, but at the same time putting more functionality into the premium editions.

In addition we are charging more for upgrading the more expensive editions as this reflects all the work that has gone into them and really the old scheme of charging the same for getting to the latest version of any edition just didn't make sense i.e. charging the same to upgrade $49.94 and $149.95 software.

regards,
Gary

I opened a support ticket for my particular situation.

I thought I paid for a v12 upgrade from v11 (for which I received a complimentary upgrade) , but I was actually charged for a version 11 upgrade. I then went ahead and purchased a v12 upgrade but the download file was version 11.

HELP!

I've just checked and you have paid for an upgrade from standard to Studio, and also then paid for a Studio version 12 upgrade.

I don't want to post any of your activation tokens in the public forum here, but don't worry the support people will reply to your support ticket and be able to fix things and refund you if appropriate.

regards,
Gary

Gary, thank you for the refund. Smile

However this doesn't fix the fact that the download link for v12 actually is for v11.

No problem about the refund - in fact I didn't refund you, but one of the support people did.

I have just checked and the links for your licenses are correct. Please go to the license manager http://pprof.com/licenses and enter your v12 activation token if you need the v12 links.

If the links in the email were wrong then please forward the email to me using the private message facility in the forum.

thanks,
Gary

We have all the same problem :

- we paid for an expensive v12 upgrade from v11 and received an activation code for version 11 download file !!!!!!
- we open ticket support but no reply !!!!
- there are many customers with the same trouble....

(04-12-2014, 04:51 AM)edu.mac Wrote: We have all the same problem :

- we paid for an expensive v12 upgrade from v11 and received an activation code for version 11 download file !!!!!!

- You bought an upgrade to version 11 on the French pages of the site. The pages clearly say this is for upgrading to version 11. http://www.portraitprofessional.com/fr/b...V:Studio64

- The support ticket you opened on Friday night was replied to this morning (Monday) by Angelique. Although some of the support team do work at the weekend, your ticket was not replied to unfortunately until the next working day.

- Angelique has given you a version 12 license, and the software download does contain French which is what you wanted.

We hope you enjoy using the software and we are sorry that you had difficulty upgrading.

regards
Gary

(04-14-2014, 10:51 AM)Gary Wrote:
(04-12-2014, 04:51 AM)edu.mac Wrote: We have all the same problem :

- You bought an upgrade to version 11 on the French pages of the site. The pages clearly say this is for upgrading to version 11. http://www.portraitprofessional.com/fr/b...V:Studio64

- The support ticket you opened on Friday night was replied to this morning (Monday) by Angelique. Although some of the support team do work at the weekend, your ticket was not replied to unfortunately until the next working day.

- Angelique has given you a version 12 license, and the software download does contain French which is what you wanted.

We hope you enjoy using the software and we are sorry that you had difficulty upgrading.

regards
Gary

Many thanks...