• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PP 10 Studio  Error message Image too large  Cannot save
I'm experiencing the same issue/bug in the new PP version10. I used to process my 200MB 8000x8000 pixels TIFF portrait images (scanned from Medium Format Negatives) in PP version 8. I had no problems in version 8 although the large files I use were at the limit to the max size which could be handled in PP8. Some scans a tad larger e.g. 8200x8200 pixels also failed to process with the message "Could not Write Scanline" when saving the image to disk. Shrinking the image a tad to 8000X8000 pixels solved the problem in PP8.

Unfortunately in PP version 10 this does not help anymore. The TIFF images must be downsized to about of half of the original size. And that is unacceptable. I suggest ANTHROPICS delivers a patch to solve this problem.

As I'm a member and Frequent Portrait-Images Poster of the well known site PHOTO.NET I will also announce the problems with this version of PP version 10 on the PHOTO.NET forum if no solution is offered within a short period of time.

I'm running PP8 and PP10 on the same HP Pavillon M8170 DeskTOP PC under Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bits ServicePack2 4GB RAM

http://photo.net/photos/hpvandenberg

Hans-Peter van den Berg

Messages In This Thread
RE: PP 10 Studio  Error message Image too large  Cannot save - hans-peter - 02-02-2011, 08:33 PM