• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Outlines of Faces -- Skipping features
(01-03-2014, 05:03 PM)CaMo Wrote: Hi Fred,

Personally, I usually spend a little bit of time checking the outlines before I start editing. However, as long as they are fairly accurate, you don't need to make them absolutely perfect to get a good result. As an example, I usually make sure the blue lines around the teeth (if the mouth is open) are pretty much correct but I don't pay as much attention to the lines around the lips as I don't tend to change much about them. As long as they are pretty much in the right place, I leave them as they are.
Out of curiosity, which version and edition of the software are you using?

I'm using v. 12 (StudioMax). Love it. Outlines are more accurate in this version than in prior versions. I do find, however, that when the picture first comes up on the screen with the blue lines there are both before and after versions on the screen together. I hit the "back" button on the control panel (?) to just see the blue lines on the "before" version. The reason I do this is (1) faster workflow (since the "after" version does not need rendering after each adjustment), and (2) it gives you the regions that quickly allow one to zoom in on each eye and the mouth/nose areas. The quick zoom feature is nice and I used it in the old versions of PP too.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Outlines of Faces -- Skipping features - Fred - 02-24-2014, 06:46 PM