• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
softening
(07-03-2013, 10:56 PM)Sharkdigger Wrote: Thank you for your response. The link you gave me, however, leads to this page where the upgrade is still 89.95$, and that is supposedly after a 50% discount.
http://www.portraitprofessional.com/buy/...d:Studio64

Can you assist me on that first issue I wrote about, the initial softening effect which occurs automatically when a photo is imported into the program? This is not an ideal feature because it not only softens skin texture but unsharpens everything including hair and eyes which I would like to keep untouched.

You are actually upgrading from standard to Studio 64 which is meant for people who need speed, unlimited image size and some other "extras". I would suggest you do step wise upgrade, ie, to Studio 32, unless there are features in the 64-bit which you are interested in.

I am using Studio 64 and regarding the softening effect you mention, I am not sure whether our understanding is on the same wavelength. That is why I may not provide sensible response to your question. On my computer, there is no unsharpening noticed. In fact, I have never noticed unsharpening in all their versions since I started using this software since their V3. So perhaps, what you see is different from me. Can you post an example?

However, having said that, if I view b4 and after, I did notice that the colour is slightly different. When I open the image on Photoshop, I noticed the same kind of issue. I believe it has to do with colour management. I am also struggling with this issue even on my PS but I know that the colour profile chosen affect what you see on the screen. Studio 64 provides setting of colour management.

Messages In This Thread
softening - Sharkdigger - 07-02-2013, 08:51 AM
RE: softening - williamting - 07-03-2013, 05:31 AM
RE: softening - Sharkdigger - 07-03-2013, 10:56 PM
RE: softening - williamting - 07-04-2013, 03:08 AM
RE: softening - Sharkdigger - 07-04-2013, 04:32 PM