• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PP in Lightroom failing to retain work
Has anyone had trouble with PP v10.5 failing to retain any of the work that you have done through Lightroom?

I have some senior photos that I need to get processed and PP is not working at all through Lightroom right now and the standalone edition is now having issues as well. Needless to say, I would like to keep everything in LR so that I can keep track of all of the images in LR and not take them or the work outside and have to track my clients' images outside my main workflow that I already have established.

My system configuration is Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit version with a Intel i7 3.40 GHz cpu and 16 Gig of Ram. The OS is running on the C drive with all applications installed on D and the Lightroom catalog on E.

I have been trying to work with the support team but so far have not recieved a solution and I have deadlines coming up (this week) and still not a workable solution. I did some work to the images for proofs, but have a few touchups that need to be done and now PP is not working at all on my system!

Image sizes are smaller than the 30 mgs that is limited to the studio version and I have not been able to find anything that would explain the problem. It is going days between responses from support which is not making this go any faster and makes it even more frustrating since I am dealing with a customer who has to get the image into their yearbook.

One possible fix offered was to have PP on the same drive as LR, but it was not explained - and I am waiting for a response - is if it is just the exe's that need to be on the same drive or if the PP exe needs to be on the catalog drive. I originally installed the exes on the same (D) drive, so that should not have been an issue. Nothing gets installed on the LR catalog drive to limit any possible corruption or loss of data on that drive.

Any help or suggestions are appreciated.
David

Messages In This Thread
PP in Lightroom failing to retain work - journeyman - 10-25-2011, 01:43 AM