• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A number of issues I don't see on Forums
Hello hailiriley,

The .raw files supported by Portrait Professional Max are the Panasonic .raw format files. We will look into the Adobe .raw file support which we were unaware of until now.

The current versions of Portrait Professional Max do not fully support the Adobe DNG format, but this support is being added to the next major release of the software. At the moment we recommend not using DNG files with Portrait Professional because the picture information decoded will sometimes be a lower resolution version of the original picture, as you are finding.

A solution for you would be to save .tiff files from CS3 instead of the Adobe .raw files. These tiff files will then decode with full resolution into Portrait Professional Max, also avoiding any problems with DNG files.

For the crashing issue with large files, could you let me know the pixel size of the images that cause the problem? We have tested the software up to 30 megapixels without any problems, but beyond that there can be issues with memory. Similar problems are caused when running some Adobe programs, such as CS3, alongside Portrait Professional where the Adobe program will consume most of the windows resources and cause Portrait Professional to fail.

regards,
Gary
Anthropics

Messages In This Thread
RE: A number of issues I don't see on Forums - Gary - 04-01-2008, 10:38 AM