• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
anchor points

Hi I have only just bought Portrait Profesional and am very pleased with the results I have obtained.However there is one improvement I would like to see in any future version, and that is a few extra anchor points particularly on the side lines, I have found it very awkward to place the lines exactly on the sides of the face and in some cases impossible to acuratly place them. So please give this some thought.

regards Alfred Ashton

Hi there Alfred,

The reason why you don't get much control over the anchor points is because the exact positioning of the points doesn't make much difference to the final result. The computer only needs a vague idea of where the face and features are, and it intelligently interprets the result. It is quite tempting to spend ages trying to get the features exactly matched up, but you will find if you just spend 30 seconds or so on the whole mark-up process, you will get just as good results. The only slight exceptions being around the eyes and the inner lip lines, but we have added more points in those areas anyway. This is something we don't currently explain very well in the software, so we may add web pages going into more detail.

Tony

Hi Tony,
Thanks for your prompt reply; as I said origanaly I have only just purchased Portrait Profesional and your advice explains quite a bit. I must say that although the software does provide very good results my main complaint is the instructions and the help section of the software does'nt measure up maybe it's because my version was downloaded over the web and not purchased from a retail store and I did'nt have any instruction manual.
Thanks again Alf

Hi Alfred,

We realise our documentation is currently one of the weak points of our software, so we will be working on producing some more documentation to go on our web site. In the meantime, feel free to ask any questions you want here. There is an FAQ section to the forums which is divided up into sections to make it easier to find out if anyone has asked a similar question in the past.

Tony

Alfred Ashton Wrote:Hi Tony,
Thanks for your prompt reply; as I said origanaly I have only just purchased Portrait Profesional and your advice explains quite a bit. I must say that although the software does provide very good results my main complaint is the instructions and the help section of the software does'nt measure up maybe it's because my version was downloaded over the web and not purchased from a retail store and I did'nt have any instruction manual.
Thanks again Alf

Hello Everyone, I'm New here and this is a great forum I might add, My question is, Can it be possible to have the ability to create anchor points as needed around the Eyes, Nose & Mouth area?

Neil Cooke Wrote:Hello Everyone, I'm New here and this is a great forum I might add, My question is, Can it be possible to have the ability to create anchor points as needed around the Eyes, Nose & Mouth area?

The anchor points which are already there are quite sufficient.  The software doesn't depend on pinpoint accuracy and very satisfactory results can be obtained by using the defaults.  As they appear to you, the anchor points can be way off and still achieve excellent results.  Play with the programme and you'll see what I mean.