• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Exif support
I have been using version 6 up till now. When I save a picture in PP the Exif file seems to be discarded. Was this meant to happen? Is there a way out?

PS. I have now purchased an upgrade to version 9. Does this version keep the Exif file intact?

Any comments would be welcome.

Could someone also tell me what I would be missing out by not upgrading to the Studio version.

Many thanks

Peter

Portrait Professional 6 and 9 both preserve exif data. Some exif data such as makernote tags are discarded, but the rest is preserved.

Gary

Gary Wrote:Portrait Professional 6 and 9 both preserve exif data. Some exif data such as makernote tags are discarded, but the rest is preserved.

Gary

I hope v 10 will leave the EXIF alone. I don't want to lose my keywords, title or copyright info.

Not sure if "Lens", "Cropped", and "Serial Number" tags are considered  makernote tags, but i'm losing them when my photos go through PP 10 Studio 64.  

Just curious, why not just perserve all tags that are present in a file (except any you update or overwrite)?

Gary Wrote:Portrait Professional 6 and 9 both preserve exif data. Some exif data such as makernote tags are discarded, but the rest is preserved.

Gary

greggbhill Wrote:Not sure if "Lens", "Cropped", and "Serial Number" tags are considered  makernote tags, but i'm losing them when my photos go through PP 10 Studio 64.  

Just curious, why not just perserve all tags that are present in a file (except any you update or overwrite)?

Yes they are being discarded as they are not known types. We will look at adding them.

Makernote tags are discarded because some camera manufacturers didn't keep to the exif rules for formatting their data and this could potentially result in software crashing or creating files that couldn't be read by other software. If we did a lot of testing we could probably get around all of the makernote problems.

Gary