• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Change in bightness
Using PP 9 Standard, I notice that the overall brightness is decreased in the saved edited images compared to the originals. This effect applies to the entire image, not just the edited areas. The change is slight but noticable. I'm using the TIFF format in both the orginal and saved images. Any idea what may be causing this? Thanks.
JoeKidd

Can you see the change in brightness when flipping between the before and after pictures in PP?

Tony

admin Wrote:Can you see the change in brightness when flipping between the before and after pictures in PP?

Tony

Yes, in fact it's most noticable then. The images are closer to the same brightness after saving the edit. Again, the difference is slight, but maybe there's an adjustment I've missed?
JoeKidd

Sounds like there's an adjustment you've not turned off. Try going through all the sections and turning them all off (The "reset to original image" Saved Sliders will do that for you). If all the sections are off there should be no difference between the before and after images.

Tony

admin Wrote:Sounds like there's an adjustment you've not turned off.   Try going through all the sections and turning them all off (The "reset to original image" Saved Sliders will do that for you).  If all the sections are off there should be no difference between the before and after images.  

Tony

With all the sliders turned off the difference is still there. It's easily noticeable when using "flip to original" or just comparing them side to side in the "View Before and After" mode. Even though there shouldn't be any editing applied with all sliders off, the image is still somehow affected.
JoeKidd

Just to be precise, you need to have all the slider sections turned off. Having all the sliders at 0, isn't quite the same because that doesn't include touchup brushes and other things that aren't on sliders. However, assuming you've tried that, the best way for us to try and solve this is for you to open up a support ticket. Then we can take a look at your photo without you having to post it publicly.

Tony