• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adjust the Outline
Recently I purchased PP9 Standard and have used it with great results. However, I'm confused about the adjusting the anchor points in the Adjust the Outline step. The help manual states:
"For best results, try to move as few points as possible to line up the outline. Any points you do move, try to move as little as possible. If you spend a long time carefully adjusting every point, not only are you wasting time, but you are likely to end up with a worse result."
Why are there so many adjustable anchor points if using them worsens the results?
JoeKidd

Basically the idea is to move as few points as possible to get the outline to roughly match up. There are many anchor points so that there will be a point you can move, close to any errors. i.e. if there wasn't a an anchor point on the chin and there was a problem there you would have to end up moving lots of other points around in strange directions in order to correct the chin. You can get pretty good results without worrying about this kind of thing, but these comments were added to the help file to stop people spending ages fiddling with points, which takes time and degrades the final result.

admin Wrote:Basically the idea is to move as few points as possible to get the outline to roughly match up.  There are many anchor points so that there will be a point you can move, close to any errors.   i.e. if there wasn't a an anchor point on the chin and there was a problem there you would have to end up moving lots of other points around in strange directions in order to correct the chin.  You can get pretty good results without worrying about this kind of thing, but these comments were added to the help file to stop people spending ages fiddling with points, which takes time and degrades the final result.

Thanks for your reply. A rough match up may be sufficient for face sculpting (?), but I have found that adjusting the slider controls for specific facial features require an accurate outline of those features. Otherwise the effects of the adjustments are not accurately placed on the face. Personally, I don't find it difficult or very time consuming to place all the anchor points exactly.
JoeKidd

You are exactly right. If you want to do extreme color changes to the eyes or mouth, then those are the two occasions where you will need accurate markup for those features.

Tony