• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Poll: Should we be allowed to install on 2 computers
This poll is closed.
Yes
100.00%
9 100.00%
No
0%
0 0%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lock the license to a USB stick
It would be really great if the License could be locked to a MAC address in a USB BlueTooth device or something else, that could be moved between a desktop computer and a laptop.

Since it is not possible to have 2 computers sharing the license, it would ease the use when I sometimes need to work on my laptop.

I hope you find a solution, or let the users activate the license on 2 computers.

Best regards

Kristian

Naitsirk Wrote:It would be really great if the License could be locked to a MAC address in a USB BlueTooth device or something else, that could be moved between a desktop computer and a laptop.

Since it is not possible to have 2 computers sharing the license, it would ease the use when I sometimes need to work on my laptop.

I hope you find a solution, or let the users activate the license on 2 computers.

Best regards

Kristian

If you know how to use (or can learn) Thinstall, you can make a portable version of PP and take it with you anywhere.

As a new purchaser, I hate to dig up an old thread, but I am hoping there could be some real thought given to this issue. I have numerous pieces of software (some quite expensive) that I am able to install on more than one machine even if I cannot use it from both machines at once. I would *REALLY* like to see this implemented.

I often need to take my laptop out to a public meeting spot to work with clients, but my calibrated monitor is hooked to my desktop at the office. The ability to do final color at the office, and carry the program with me on the laptop for client approval would be MOST welcome. I cannot imagine that extending the license in this modern area to allow for 1 desktop and one laptop would open the floodgates to rogue copying. The software isn't particularly expensive and it would be a terrific gesture to allow us two installs.

Thanks for your consideration.

I agree that multiple installs, but only one use at a time, would be a great benefit. I travel quite a bit and use a laptop while on the road. When home I have an extensive setup where I prefer to do most of my editing. I use Photoshop CS5 and Lightroom in this multiple unit configuration....

I would also vote "no" to a USB license key, and "yes" to a second license for my laptop for all the reasons already mentioned.