• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Installing PP v.15 as a "plug-in" in LR
Hoping someone can help me past a snafu in the process of getting PP to work as a "plug-in" within LR.  Have Anthropics' directions for doing this, but am having difficulty with an early step in the process:

Within LR, have gone to: Edit -> Preferences -> Additional External Editor.  When I click on "Choose," a Program Files Window appears.   If I select PortraitPro Studio 15 & click on "Choose" within the Program Files Window, all the sub-folders within Portrait Pro are displayed.

At this point, I don't know how to proceed.  As I understand it, Anthropics' directions are asking me to "Choose" PortraitPro Studio 15 (not any of the sub-folders) within the Additional External Editor Window of LR.  How is this accomplished? --- since, when I select PortraitPro Studio 15 within Program Files, I get a list of all the sub-folders within Portrait Pro.

It seems that I need to somehow select PP Studio 15 within the Program Files Window first - and then click on "Choose" within the Additional External Editor Window of LR, in order to proceed to the next step in the process.

I do not see any provision for pasting the path to PP Studio 15 within the Additional External Editor Dialog Box of LR, as Anthropics is suggesting as an alternative.

I would be grateful for any help.

Many thanks.

Bruce

Hi Bruce,

It is best to contact the support team, as they will be able to help you better: https://goo.gl/4tJ7yh

Hi Erika,

Thank you for your reply to my inquiry.

Had tried to circumvent the Support Team and solicit the Forum instead, - as requests for help and responses from Support Team in the past were rather drawn out, - with one issue taking more than 1 1/2 weeks to resolve.

After a bit of a struggle, I was finally able to resolve the issue described in my post. Portrait Pro now installed as a "plug-in" within Lightroom. All ended well.

Best regards,
Bruce

Not sure if my question deserves a new thread, so I'll dare to ask here as it's partially related...
How can I install Portrait Pro as a plugin for Luminar from Macphun? Are they compatible?

(08-26-2017, 01:37 PM)Tammy Krantz Wrote: Not sure if my question deserves a new thread, so I'll dare to ask here as it's partially related...
How can I install Portrait Pro as a plugin for Luminar? Are they compatible?

As PP is a naturally freestanding program, that certain additions can be plugins, I would have to say no. That would also be said of Luminar being a plugin for PP.
PortraitProfessional Forum