• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One Facial Feature
Would be nice if all you wanted was to adjust a single facial feature that you could do so directly without having to click through eye, nose, mouth, etc.

I second the vote for saving the native files so you could return and tweak without re-doing from scratch.

Hi there,

Thank you for all your feature requests! They will be added to our list.

To clarify your request in this thread: do you mean that for example if you just wanted to adjust the eyes, you could skip adjusting the points on the nose mouth etc? This is half possible currently. If you are not interested in adjusting a particular feature, just hitting space and leaving the points in their default positions and then pressing the clear buttons on all the slider controls will result in the original image. You can then adjust the one feature you marked up fully.

Tony

What I am suggesting is the abilty to go directly to the mouth, for example, bypassing the need to to set points on the eyes and nose.  (I have to admit that I did not understand the 'clear' function, so perhaps the time/effort savings would be negligable.)

The clear function sets all the sliders in that section to zero. Zero always means 'leave this feature unchanged'. If you clear all the sliders then the entire image will be unchanged. You can 'skip' features like the eyes and the nose by leaving them as their default positions by pressing space bar when it comes to adjusting them. Although this isn't completely skipping them, hitting the space bar a few times would only take a couple of seconds. You can then sculpt just the areas that interest you. The skin is based on all areas, so you wouldn't be able to tone that.

Fair enough.

Question 
i was under the impression that the product needs to know where features are in relation to other features....so if you were to change the eyes only it would have to still be told where the nose is so it can keep it all relative.......am i wrong??

Hi Elizabeth,

While it is true that the software does take into account all the features when adjusting one of them, generally it doesn't have a large affect. Also, as you can't skip the first five points (eye and mouth corners, and nose tip), it will have some idea of where the other features are, just not in detail. Together this means not fully marking up the other features will not make much of a difference.

Tony

Elizabeth Wrote:i was under the impression that the product needs to know where features are in relation to other features....so if you were to change the eyes only it would have to still be told where the nose is so it can keep it all relative.......am i wrong??

Shy 
thats great to know, thanks!!!

Hi Elizabeth,

While it is true that the software does take into account all the features when adjusting one of them, generally it doesn't have a large affect.  Also, as you can't skip the first five points (eye and mouth corners, and nose tip), it will have some idea of where the other features are, just not in detail.  Together this means not fully marking up the other features will not make much of a difference.

Tony

Thanks Tony, that's something else learned.