• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PP Studio Max V12 crash problem
Hi Jonas,
I have seven other editors. None of them has a problem on my laptop works. My laptop checked professional service and a computer works without problems. The problem I see on the side PortraitPro.
Petr

(05-08-2015, 06:55 PM)Petr Wrote: Hi Jonas,
I have seven other editors. None of them has a problem on my laptop works. My laptop checked professional service and a computer works without problems. The problem I see on the side PortraitPro.
Petr

How about rolling back to a previous version? You mentioned updates in your original post, was PortraitPro working correctly before you updated it?

I suffer the same issue with few users here : my PP Studio V12.4 sometimes crashes during file save. I contacted Anthropics tech support and given ticket number: 193431.
Before contacting them; I already reloaded latest video drivers for my Nvidia video card and also removed/re-installed latest copy of PP V12.4. I mentioned that to tech support on my first contact. They asked me to re-do the same actions anyway. Upon request; I also sent them dxdiag results (all clean) and PP about system details of my PC. Without them asking me; I also sent them the exact Windows error code details (when the crash happens).
That "crash on file save" does not happen every single time. When you simply reboot / restart the PC (if you are lucky); it may start working again.
And then on next restart; same problem comes back.
I'm not a coder but it almost feels like PP has a problem by using Windows allocated memory at that given time.
It doesn't matter how many other open software applications are running at that time. When it works - it works. When it decides not to work; even though it's the only running software at that time - it'll still crash on file save.
It certainly doesn't feel like a video issue - as it only crashes during file save.
I have many other imaging software on my PC. None of them give such grief. So I don't think it's a basic level systemic Windows issue at my PC.
I also just realized an important clue; I have Photoshop CS6 installed on my PC. PP v12.4 also installs a plugin for Photoshop.
Only the PP 12 standalone software crashes. Even when it crashes; I can still use PP plugin thru my Photoshop.
Looks like both the standalone software and Photoshop plugin are calling the same module (slighly different menu). It feels like problem lies here; how the module is invoked.
I asked tech support to escalate it to higher level. They said they did; but no news after few days.
I'm not happy at all with their approach.
Obviously there is a problem with their software. Company needs to be willing to admit and promptly provide a solution. That's yet to be seen.

On photographic forums I found that this problem has many users. The company stopped communicating with me and behaves like a small child. Last time he wrote from PP Angelique. PP If your problem persists and begins to communicate, we will act together, and we will demand compensation.

I have another track. Asking for damaged, I discovered that the problem users have PP 12 + Windows. PP + Mac works without problems.
The problem is that the company does not solve your problem and your defective product sold.
Petr

We are trying to reproduce the problem so that we can then fix it. Also I've replied to your ticket with your private license number, and would like you to try the 32 bit windows software to see what behavior you get with that.

When you get a crash can you look in the windows event logs, and apart from windows reporting the application has hung, so you get anything else such as an out of memory error. Usually errors during saving are caused by the machine not having enough available RAM for Portrait Pro to process the faces in the input picture.

Also - I can see you have been using Portrait Pro 12 for over a year. When did this problem start happening on your computer?

thanks
Gary

Gary,
I am not going to replace my 64 bit Windows OS by 32 bit version OR you want me to install 32 bit version of PP Studio V12? How to download 32 bit version?
When I try to download PP again it gives me no choice between 32 or 64 bit version.

I am not qualified to read event logs from my Windows. My PC has 8 GB of RAM memory. I think it is more than enough isnt it?

Version 11 to work seamlessly on a PC with 1GB of RAM.

Thanks, Petr

Hi Petr

I do not want you to change your windows to 32 bit! Just install the 32 bit Portrait Pro software. In the ticket that I replied to you I gave you full instructions on how to do this.

You have 8GB of RAM but that does not tell us how much RAM is available to Portrait Pro 12. We will try to fix this without you looking at the windows event logs.

Version 12 has a lot more functionality and complexity that version 11, and needs more RAM.

I can see you have been using Portrait Pro 12 for over a year. When did this problem start happening on your computer?

(06-06-2015, 10:15 AM)Gary Wrote: We are trying to reproduce the problem so that we can then fix it. Also I've replied to your ticket with your private license number, and would like you to try the 32 bit windows software to see what behavior you get with that.

When you get a crash can you look in the windows event logs, and apart from windows reporting the application has hung, so you get anything else such as an out of memory error. Usually errors during saving are caused by the machine not having enough available RAM for Portrait Pro to process the faces in the input picture.

Also - I can see you have been using Portrait Pro 12 for over a year. When did this problem start happening on your computer?

thanks
Gary

Petr, Gary's response was for me.
Gary, (as I indicated on my ticket response); 32-bit version works without a problem. I don't think its anything to do with RAM size in my PC (16GB). I use much more memory intensive imaging software (Photoshop CS6, DxO Optics Pro 10, Topaz Labs, onOne and many other); never any problem. Also as I mentioned; your Photoshop plugin never crushes. If it was anything to do with memory; it'd have also crushed as your standalone SW, right?
I purchased PP12 over a year ago. But I didn't use it for quite some time (after initial few trials). In meantime (other than applying Windows updates) there is not much change on my PC.
"Usually errors during saving are caused by the machine not having enough available RAM for Portrait Pro to process the faces in the input picture." I don't think that's the case. It finishes processing face fine. Then only when you click on File>Save (any save option) then it crushes at that point. But when you open the same pic on your next reboot (if you are lucky); it might not crush this time (doesn't matter how many other open SW you have at that time).
Again, the key point is; why your 64-bit standalone SW crushes, but never your Photoshop plugin?
Gary, I believe you have enough explanation here to differentiate that; it's not the RAM it's not user's Windows. But it really points to how your standalone SW handles memory operations.
Hope that helps.

Gary,
is not it true that you wrote me how to download and install a 32-bit version. It is also not true that I use version 12 of last year. In fact, you never wrote to me. All emails Angelique wrote.

I use version 12 of March this year. Before that I used Version 11 Version 12 has worked without error one month. Since April, the program does not work at all.

After several reinstallation, I had to check my laptop to an authorized service center. The notebook is fine with the current driver.

I like to try the 32-bit version. Please write the address to download.

Thanks. Peter