• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PP Studio Max V12 crash problem
If I go picture by picture in manual mode -everything works fine.
When I try to work in batch mode or automatic recognition mode - every time I encounter program error. After restart I switch to manual and Studio works fine but only in manual mode.
Primary I thought that I have not enough RAM, but even two pictures (11MB each) in batch mode wont work with 4 GB RAM I have.
What is wrong? Any ideas folks?

Can you go to system info in the About box and copy and paste the results to me. Use the private message option in this forum, so I can see what system you have and what version and type of the software.

Also when the software crashes, at what stage does this happen?

thanks,
Gary

I am having a very similar problem since I upgraded to Portrait Pro12. The program crashes repeatedly. At first it would mostly happen when I was at the save function. Now it can occur at any time the program is processing information like when it is recognizing the face especially if I have adjusted the outlines. Just a few seconds after it starts processing I get the Windows message:

PortraitPro has stopped working

A problem has caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if there is a solution to the problem.

I will send you the About information in the messaging system.

(03-18-2014, 10:08 PM)culverpc Wrote: I am having a very similar problem since I upgraded to Portrait Pro12. The program crashes repeatedly. At first it would mostly happen when I was at the save function. Now it can occur at any time the program is processing information like when it is recognizing the face especially if I have adjusted the outlines. Just a few seconds after it starts processing I get the Windows message:

PortraitPro has stopped working

A problem has caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if there is a solution to the problem.

I will send you the About information in the messaging system.
I've seen the system info you sent me and this shows you are running quite on early version 12 build. Please use "check for updates" in the software and download the latest version 12.

You also might be running into memory issues since you are running a 32 bit Windows Vista OS, depending on the images you are using. If you still have problems after upgrading please open a support ticket.

Gary

Hello,
I have a problem with the PP 12.4. After opening the program I want to open a photo and program crashes. If you drag a photo, I can edit it. When you try to save a program crashes again. I have a new computer with Windows 8. I wrote in support. They advised me to uninstall and reinstall. But the problem persists and support me two weeks already communicating.
Somebody please advise me?
Petr

(05-06-2015, 07:05 PM)Petr Wrote: Hello,
I have a problem with the PP 12.4. After opening the program I want to open a photo and program crashes. If you drag a photo, I can edit it. When you try to save a program crashes again. I have a new computer with Windows 8. I wrote in support. They advised me to uninstall and reinstall. But the problem persists and support me two weeks already communicating.
Somebody please advise me?
Petr

Can you go to system info in the About box and copy and paste the results to me. Use the private message option in this forum, so I can see what system you have and what version and type of the software.

Also when the software crashes, at what stage does this happen? When you click save, or after selecting the save location and file type?

Thanks,
Jonah.

Thanks to Jonah,
information is sent.
Petr

(05-07-2015, 03:23 PM)Petr Wrote: Thanks to Jonah,
information is sent.
Petr

You have the same version as me. When I save in tiff format my computer gets a bit slow, and the save progress window in PortraitPro shows the (Not Responding) message for a few seconds. This is when I have other programs running. If you have other programs running then the same thing might crash your program.

Thanks to Jonah,
I turned off all programs. Run only PP12 and he falls. I think that caused some Windows updates. It is incumbent vendor PP 12 to their legally purchased the program to work in a legal Windows license on a new laptop. I have a program like this, but three weeks I can work on it. Perhaps I ask for a refund and buy something else for treatment portraits.
Petr

(05-07-2015, 06:56 PM)Petr Wrote: Thanks to Jonah,
I turned off all programs. Run only PP12 and he falls. I think that caused some Windows updates. It is incumbent vendor PP 12 to their legally purchased the program to work in a legal Windows license on a new laptop. I have a program like this, but three weeks I can work on it. Perhaps I ask for a refund and buy something else for treatment portraits.
Petr

I know what you mean. I'd recommend you get free trial for a similar program, and see if that runs on your computer. If it does, then maybe there's a problem with PortraitPro. But if it doesn't work either then it's your computer.
As I said, I have the same version of PortraitPro as you, and the same amount of RAM (8GB) and it does work for me.