• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buying PP Studio 64Bit
So do I have to perform some magical chant or do a dance or something to find the Studio Pro 64Bit version to buy from the PP website.

If you click Buy from the main page it takes you to the standard edition.

If you go to Editions then choose Buy for Studio Pro you only get taken to the 32Bit version.

I have PP Pro Studio 64Bit but am trying to get Ver 12 of it but it seems that the only option I get in licence manager is to upgrade at a cost of £74.95 and considering I bought the last version I think £74.95 is way too much for an upgrade and this is meant to be half price!!!

Imagenomics Portraiture is looking more and more appealing

Skids, I notice the same issue in price. The upgrade price does not seem to be attractive. Wonder whether there is a mistake.

(02-02-2014, 12:41 PM)williamting Wrote: Skids, I notice the same issue in price. The upgrade price does not seem to be attractive. Wonder whether there is a mistake.

skids, williamting,

I have alerted powers that be of this situation and we should have an answerby first of week.

Sorry for the situation you are having.

PortraitProfessional Forum

(02-02-2014, 12:41 PM)williamting Wrote: Skids, I notice the same issue in price. The upgrade price does not seem to be attractive. Wonder whether there is a mistake.

I certainly hope there is a mistake because if there isn't I won't be upgrading PP in future

(02-03-2014, 12:53 AM)Skids Wrote:

I certainly hope there is a mistake because if there isn't I won't be upgrading PP in future

I've been a Portrait Pro owner since version 5. Currently own & use v11 Studio64. Came to the web site to see about downloading updates & see that V12 is available - but my only upgrade option seems to be the Studio Max edition at a net cost of $95.58 USD.

This won't happen. I don't need batch processing at present and if I do, I'll pay the extra cost to upgrade. I _do_ use the 64-bit version to work with images in raw format - 32-bit memory limitations lead to freezes & hangs.

I receive multiple emails monthly enticing me to purchase Portrait Professional with attractive discounts. Finding that a version upgrade (from 11 to 12) would cost me nearly $100 USD is a shock.

I think this is a miscalculation on Anthropics' part. More than a few serious non-professionals use your software. Many of us shoot RAW, but still work on ony one or two images at a time. If all 'Max' offers is batch processing, but this is the only way I can continue using a 64-bit version, I'll keep my fixed-income retirement dollars, stay with v11 and hone my post-processing skills. MANY YouTube videos cover skin smoothing & enhancement in Photoshop, & at $10 USD / month for full-blown PS + LR, I see far more value for money.

I would like to purchase a Portrait Professional Studio 64 v12 - the same thing I have now at v11 - at a reasonable upgrade cost. An attempt to force an upgrade to an undesired 'Studio Max' edition at >$90 USD will result in ZERO revenue for Anthropics from me; rather the opposite of your apparent desire to increase revenue.

Thank you,

TXPhoto76

Please excuse me if I am not posting correctly. I wanted to ask a question rather than reply to someone else's question. The question is: Did anyone ever get an answer to the question about 64bit ver 12 and the price? I, like others have v11 studio 64. It looks like I could do fine with v12 studio - i don't need batch processing. Is there an option to upgrade (downgrade) to that? Price? I expected to see something about this in mid Feb. Did I miss this or are we still waiting?

Thank you,

LarryC

(02-02-2014, 01:45 PM)tebogan Wrote:

skids, williamting,

I have alerted powers that be of this situation and we should have an answerby first of week.

Sorry for the situation you are having.

tebogan,

What is the status on upgrading to Studio 12 vs Studio Max for those that have Studio 64 v.11?

Thanks

C´mon guys. This cant be serious. Been a user since V6. The last upgrade from 10 to 11 was 30€. Now 75 from Studio 64 to PPro Max. What is the excuse for such a ridiculous shift in upgrade pricing?!

(06-10-2014, 10:16 AM)Jaydee Wrote: C´mon guys. This cant be serious. Been a user since V6. The last upgrade from 10 to 11 was 30€. Now 75 from Studio 64 to PPro Max. What is the excuse for such a ridiculous shift in upgrade pricing?!

Hi Jaydee,

Version 12 contains improved and newly added features in comparison to previous versions. Alot of time, research, developmental and work has gone into making Portrait Pro especially Studio Max where the Automatic Batch Mode is included.

Our developers have worked hard in making sure that the software runs efficiently whilst working with unlimited number of images and applying the preset at the same time. We feel that the increase in price was necessary to reflect the work that has gone into the software but of course keeping in mind the customers and to allow us to continue making improvements in future versions. We hope you understand.