• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Face sculpture controls
I've recently installed v11.1.9 of Studio 64 and now find that most face sculpture controls don't work i.e moving the blue face outlines has no effect.
Has anyone else noticed this ?

My 32 bit version has no problem. Since face sculpture is probably the most critical component of PP, it must work otherwise there will be lots of complain. How about download a new copy and install it again.

Hi keithblan,

I've double checked on my end and can't reproduce the problem. I managed to verify that moving the outlines will affect the face sculpt. Can you tell us what orientation the subject has and what platform you're using?

Apologies if you've already checked this but is the button next to the sculpt controls green? This indicates whether the sculpt controls have been enabled. I ask because sometimes certain Saved Sliders will disable the face sculpt controls.

Please let us know and we'll do what we can to resolve the problem.
Anthropics Technology Ltd.

(01-03-2013, 04:54 PM)Arjun Wrote: Hi keithblan,

I've double checked on my end and can't reproduce the problem. I managed to verify that moving the outlines will affect the face sculpt. Can you tell us what orientation the subject has and what platform you're using?

Apologies if you've already checked this but is the button next to the sculpt controls green? This indicates whether the sculpt controls have been enabled. I ask because sometimes certain Saved Sliders will disable the face sculpt controls.

Please let us know and we'll do what we can to resolve the problem.

Hi Arjun
Thanks for getting back to me quickly.

I was processing pics of children and selecting gender as boy or girl when I noticed this problem. On checking with an adult, male or female, sculpting works ok so it seems that it's the kids causing problems as usual !

I'm running PP as a plugin to PS CS6 under Win7.

Regards
Keith

Hi keithblan,

Thanks for your reply, and I've seen the issue for myself. However, the lack of sculpt controls for Children is "As Designed". We removed these controls in the default facial sculpting in "Child Mode" as the beautifier engine only applies minor, more natural enhancements for children. You'll see that moving most facial points for children won't cause a change in the face sculpt as the sliders themselves are disabled. If you need face sculpt for Children, I would suggest marking the face as an adult, reducing the Skin enhancements and then applying your face sculpt changes.

I've entered this a suggestion in our database for an option to enable child face sculpt controls in the Settings. The developers will take a look at the suggestion and decide whether the options should go in.

Regards,

Arjun
Anthropics Technology Ltd.

(01-04-2013, 01:49 PM)Arjun Wrote: Hi keithblan,

Thanks for your reply, and I've seen the issue for myself. However, the lack of sculpt controls for Children is "As Designed". We removed these controls in the default facial sculpting in "Child Mode" as the beautifier engine only applies minor, more natural enhancements for children. You'll see that moving most facial points for children won't cause a change in the face sculpt as the sliders themselves are disabled. If you need face sculpt for Children, I would suggest marking the face as an adult, reducing the Skin enhancements and then applying your face sculpt changes.

I've entered this a suggestion in our database for an option to enable child face sculpt controls in the Settings. The developers will take a look at the suggestion and decide whether the options should go in.

Regards,

Arjun

Hi Arjun

Thanks again for the response.
I was beginning to suspect that might be the case.

Regards

Keith