• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
V11 64 bit version NOW NOT OPENING...WANTS TOKEN ACTIVATION!!!
WHY IS THIS V11 64 BIT VERSION NOW ASKING FOR A TOKEN TO ACTIVATE!!!!!.....I've had it with this software..!!!!!! I have v11 standard & 64bit editions installed on two separate PCs (several miles apart). One has the standard version and the other, which I'm on right now, has the 64 bit version. I have been using this latest 64 bit version for a couple weeks now and HAVE NOT INSTALLED ON ANY OTHER Pc. sO, YOU NOTION OF FINGERPRINT SWITCHING DOESN'T HOLD WATER!!

I used this 64 bit version as late as yesterday on the same PC I'm on now WITH NO PROBLEMS OF ASKING FOR TOKENS... UNTIL NOW!!!.....IT'S NOW ASKING FOR A TOKEN TO ACTIVATE THIS V11 64 BIT VERSION.....WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I HAVE NOT EVEN INSTALLED WINDOWS UPDATES, SO THAT'S RULED OUT AS TO WHY IT'S ASKING FOR TOKEN ACTIVATION!

WILL YOU PLEASE TELL YOUR SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS TO FIX THIS PROBLEM!!!

Raise a support ticket asap.

(12-16-2012, 09:41 AM)williamting Wrote: Raise a support ticket asap.
I've done over and over...all they ever do is "grant me" another activation token!....WTH!

Dave, I am not sure whether it is a good idea to publish your token here. Now that everyone knows your token, I think anyone can install the software using your token on their respective machine! So, the multiple machines Emma was talking about can happen in this manner.

I have taken the liberty to remove the token number from the post. Thanks for the heads up.
PortraitProfessional Forum

Hi tebogan, perhaps the help desk should be alerted not to put the activation token on the ticket but point them to the place where they can find the token. Otherwise, there will be endless problem.

(12-18-2012, 03:19 AM)williamting Wrote: Dave, I am not sure whether it is a good idea to publish your token here. Now that everyone knows your token, I think anyone can install the software using your token on their respective machine! So, the multiple machines Emma was talking about can happen in this manner.

Thanks....I thought each token was unique to the users "PC fingerprint".....this issue with the "fingerprint switching system" being installed on users machines is an issue and should be addressed. If someone buys the v64 v11 version as I did and install it on a brand new Windows 7 OS then why is there a "fingerprint switching system" installed on my machine. I shouldn't need to validate with token activation...I bought it and only installed it once. It's annoying and inconvenient to have to submit a ticket and wait for a tech to "grant me two more activations"...it brings my workflow to a standstill.

If there's a system registry key entry that I need to remove or modify, please advise me on where that is.

Dave, when someone steal your activation key and installed it on his machine, servers at Anthropics will allow activation of the stolen key. Now, when the thief run PP on his machine, the servers at Anthropics now see two different PC fingerprints. Hence, it disable the PP license. I don't work for Anthropics and I believe that is the way how the PC fingerprinting works.

All I can say now is that your license key is now compromised. You will probably get endless problem unless Anthropics is able to invalidate your original Activation Key and issue you a completely new key.

Remember that activation code is private and must be treated as such.

(12-18-2012, 03:36 PM)williamting Wrote: Dave, when someone steal your activation key and installed it on his machine, servers at Anthropics will allow activation of the stolen key. Now, when the thief run PP on his machine, the servers at Anthropics now see two different PC fingerprints. Hence, it disable the PP license. I don't work for Anthropics and I believe that is the way how the PC fingerprinting works.

All I can say now is that your license key is now compromised. You will probably get endless problem unless Anthropics is able to invalidate your original Activation Key and issue you a completely new key.

Remember that activation code is private and must be treated as such.

Understood...thanks for the info.

(12-18-2012, 02:44 PM)dcyphert Wrote: this issue with the "fingerprint switching system" being installed on users machines is an issue and should be addressed. If someone buys the v64 v11 version as I did and install it on a brand new Windows 7 OS then why is there a "fingerprint switching system" installed on my machine.
I guess you misunderstood this. There is no "fingerprint switching system" installed on your computer. Instead, software like this usually takes into account some of the hardware that is installed on your computer (and maybe some other characteristics of your system that normally don't change) and calculates a "fingerprint" from it, a number or string that identifies your system.

This fingerprint can e.g. change when you change your mainboard, your CPU, the amount of RAM, maybe even when you use a different user account (depending on what Anthropics used to calculate the fingerprint).

What the support meant when mentioning the "fingerprint switching system" is that your system seems to change in such a way that the fingerprint differs when calculating the fingerprint again. Maybe something like a swappable hard drive was taken into account that you plugged on or off after the registration, and now the fingerprint is not the same, so PortraitProfessional "thinks" it's on a different computer.

Could you think of anything that you changed on your system before the problem occurred?

Cheers,
Jan
You have moved the mouse. Windows must be restarted for the changes to take effect.