• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Error message when trying to open
When I try to open Portrait Professional I get the following error message: Could not complete the Portrait Professional command because failed to write temporary tiff file: /var/tmp/PPfilt-1324062569-EB2Z.tiff

I don't know what to do, would appreciate any suggestions.

I did not realize only raw files could be opened. My error! I was trying to open a photoshop file.

(12-16-2011, 08:37 PM)Hal Brainerd Wrote: When I try to open Portrait Professional I get the following error message: Could not complete the Portrait Professional command because failed to write temporary tiff file: /var/tmp/PPfilt-1324062569-EB2Z.tiff

Hal,
Sorry that you are having this situation. For members of the forum to assist, could you please submit the following info?

1. Version of Portrait professional are you using. Studio or 64, as Professional
dues not work with TIFF files.
2. Operating system / PC or Mac.

Trial version of the software does not allow the saving of modifications made.

This will help the members assist you.
Thanks for you consideration.

Smile
PortraitProfessional Forum

(12-16-2011, 08:37 PM)Hal Brainerd Wrote: When I try to open Portrait Professional I get the following error message: Could not complete the Portrait Professional command because failed to write temporary tiff file: /var/tmp/PPfilt-1324062569-EB2Z.tiff

I did not realize only raw files could be opened. My error! I was trying to open a photoshop file.
Not sure whether you have solved this problem. You were opening the files from PS and you encountered this problem.
I have this problem a few times and I noticed that the problem is resolved if I reboot my PC or restart PS. The situation is worse if I hibernate my PC for many days.
You can also go to the tmp directory and clean out all the files.
By the way, you should not be limited to RAW files only. I have been opening JPG or TIFF files from PP itself or PS plugin.