• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Touch brush spot removal is nasty
I have just installed the trial of PP 10 and so far I am very disappointed in the Touch Up brush spot removal. I find it seems to leave strange artifacts or smudges when removing spots or lines near edges of strong brightness changes i.e where you are trying to remove a spot near to a darker area an example would be on the chin where there is a darker underchin area. Do you folks do all your basic blemish removal in Photoshop and then go into PP 10 for skin smoothing etc? At the moment I cannot say I will be in a hurry to buy the product! Any comments or advice greatly appreciated.

I have also just discoved that if you use the Skin Mask extend brush you get similar smudgingSad

Regards Colin

I do as you said, remove main blemishes etc in Photoshop then transfer it to PP.

My comments about skin selection have been made elsewhere

What I normally do: Zoom the image to 100%. Reduce the size of the brush. Ensure that the brush does not cross over those strong edges. Stroke the brush along the strong edges. If smudges appear, use the restore brush to remove them and repeat. Normally, no problem.

I use PP for blemish removal, etc. Transfer back to PS and continue only if there are difficult spot, especially red or dark coloured areas due to pimples or whatever. I buy PP purely because it can remove blemish and wrinkles, and perform skin smoothing.

(12-18-2011, 06:07 PM)williamting Wrote: What I normally do: Zoom the image to 100%. Reduce the size of the brush. Ensure that the brush does not cross over those strong edges. Stroke the brush along the strong edges. If smudges appear, use the restore brush to remove them and repeat. Normally, no problem.

I use PP for blemish removal, etc. Transfer back to PS and continue only if there are difficult spot, especially red or dark coloured areas due to pimples or whatever. I buy PP purely because it can remove blemish and wrinkles, and perform skin smoothing.

Thanks for taking the time to reply, much appreciated :-)