• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unresolved Issues 4.2.5
Am I the only one with a screen corruption problem when using 1600x1200 resolution?

The attachment feature in this forum does not work, so here is a link illustration the problem:

http://www.pbase.com/kimbentsen/image/77904531

The image used was the sample supplied with PP.

A while back I reported the problem to PP support, but the problem was not fixed in 4.2.5.

Request for new feature: When making adjustments after the image has been processed, it would be nice if you could turn off the help pop-ups. They get in the way when trying to handle the sliders.

kimbentsen Wrote:_________________________________________________

Request for new feature: When making adjustments after the image has been processed, it would be nice if you could turn off the help pop-ups. They get in the way when trying to handle the sliders.

I can't help with the screen problem, but to turn off the help bubbles go to 'help' and uncheck them.
Regards, Fred

Progress has little to do with speed,
but much to do with direction

I am running a dual screen set up. The screen I work from is 1600 x 1200 on a 20 inch screen set at 16 bit. I am having no problem like you have. Try rebooting your computer or try system restore, If that don't fix the problem you might have corrupted the program in some way and you might contact someone to down load a fresh version?

photocountry Wrote: I am running a dual screen set up. The screen I work from is 1600 x 1200 on a 20 inch screen set at 16 bit. I am having no problem like you have. Try rebooting your computer or try system restore, If that don't fix the problem you might have corrupted the program in some way and you might contact someone to down load a fresh version?

This problem has occurred on older releases of PP as well (for months), and I have since upgraded to the latest version. The same goes for the graphics driver which also has been upgraded. I have heaps of applications installed and I have NEVER seen this elsewhere.

PP must be using some fancy vector drawing algorithms which is incompatible with my system. Just zooming using the CTRL key can cause the problem. It looks like some kind of resource overflow problem. Sometimes, but not allways, clicking "restore" (the middle of the three upper right corner buttons) can temporarily fix the problem.

In 80% of images I have no problems. Smaller images rarely cause problems.

I am using an Radeon X1300 with catalyst 7.4 and a totally up to date XP Pro version. My system has 2 GB of system memory, which should be enough.

Hi there,

We've not seen this problem before, but we can certainly look into it for you. It sounds like it only happens with large images, is that right? I've tried it with 30 mega-pixel images and it works ok, so I don't think it's just that (unless you have some really enormous image)! I have a question: Does it still happen if your window is a smaller size? What about if you change to a lower resolution?

Tony

kimbentsen Wrote:
photocountry Wrote: I am running a dual screen set up. The screen I work from is 1600 x 1200 on a 20 inch screen set at 16 bit. I am having no problem like you have. Try rebooting your computer or try system restore, If that don't fix the problem you might have corrupted the program in some way and you might contact someone to down load a fresh version?

This problem has occurred on older releases of PP as well (for months), and I have since upgraded to the latest version. The same goes for the graphics driver which also has been upgraded. I have heaps of applications installed and I have NEVER seen this elsewhere.

PP must be using some fancy vector drawing algorithms which is incompatible with my system. Just zooming using the CTRL key can cause the problem. It looks like some kind of resource overflow problem. Sometimes, but not allways, clicking "restore" (the middle of the three upper right corner buttons) can temporarily fix the problem.

I am using an Radeon X1300 with catalyst 7.4 and a totally up to date XP Pro version. My system has 2 GB of system memory, which should be enough.

I am using the sample image supplied, so we all have the same reference, and I can easily make it happen on the sample image.

At 1024*768/16 bit, it is not possible to provoke the problem, and I really tried. Everything seems to work fine.

At 1600*1200/32 bit, it more or less happens right after the initial point placings, when I am about to adjust the left eyebrow.

I provoke the the error by continued use of CTRL for zooming. Sometimes it happens without zooming, but zooming is the sure way of making things go bad.

The fact it only happen at higher resolutions/bit depth and only in the lower part of the image indicates a memory overflow of some kind.

admin Wrote:Hi there,

We've not seen this problem before, but we can certainly look into it for you.  It sounds like it only happens with large images, is that right?  I've tried it with 30 mega-pixel images and it works ok, so I don't think it's just that (unless you have some really enormous image)!  I have a question:  Does it still happen if your window is a smaller size?   What about if you change to a lower resolution?

Tony

kimbentsen Wrote: