Portrait Pro Forums
eyes closed how to?? - Printable Version

+- Portrait Pro Forums (https://forum.portraitprofessional.com)
+-- Forum: PortraitPro software (https://forum.portraitprofessional.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Feature requests (https://forum.portraitprofessional.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: eyes closed how to?? (/showthread.php?tid=887)

eyes closed how to?? - paulauclair - 02-14-2011

Hi,
I'd like to  adjust an image where the model's eyes are closed.
SKIN ONLY is not cutting the mustard as i like the jaw line adjustment.
Studio 10
Paul

RE: eyes closed how to?? - Salisbury - 02-14-2011

Even though the eyes are closed you still place the adjustment points in the corners of the eyes before progressing to the nose and mouth, unless you want to skip those steps (for the eyes) by using the space-bar to advance to the next step/s.

RE: eyes closed how to?? - paulauclair - 02-14-2011

Salisbury Wrote:Even though the eyes are closed you still place the adjustment points in the corners of the eyes before progressing to the nose and mouth, unless you want to skip those steps (for the eyes) by using the space-bar to advance to the next step/s.

i tried placing appropriate marks at corners of eyes and so on but i got some gobbilty-goop. i think AI tried opening eyes adding some "data" between the top/bottom of eyelids.
i guess an "Eyes CLosed" button might be as nice as "Mouth Open/Closed" button?
i'll try skipping ahead to nose etc., next time and see what happens.
i think AI would still need left/right corners of left eye and left/right corner of right eye though?

RE: eyes closed how to?? - MacSass - 02-14-2011

Hi,

had the same issue in the past - what I did was run through the normal selection like for a picture with open eyes and then adjusted the eye sliders down so PP does not try to whiten them, etc.

Worked fine form me.

Regards - MacSass

RE: eyes closed how to?? - paulauclair - 02-14-2011

MacSass Wrote:Hi,

had the same issue in the past - what I did was run through the normal selection like for a picture with open eyes and then adjusted the eye sliders down so PP does not try to whiten them, etc.

Worked fine form me.

Regards - MacSass

Yep...that makes perfect sense to me.
I really should have figured that out but...brain is getting tired i guess Wink
thnx

RE: eyes closed how to?? - Skids - 03-03-2011

paulauclair Wrote:
MacSass Wrote:Hi,

Worked fine form me.

Regards - MacSass

Yep...that makes perfect sense to me.
I really should have figured that out but...brain is getting tired i guess Wink
thnx

Even easier, just turn off the eye adjustment section. Thats what I do :-)

RE: eyes closed how to?? - MiissLouWise - 02-14-2012

A little story for your closed eyes: A lady bring a photo of her died husband for the newspaper. The guy who received it ask if she has another one without a hat. No. Ok, we will try to take it off. But on which side is the split of the hair ? You will see it when you take off the hat !!!!
Digital can make miracles but not that.

Means: take many photos and you will have open eyes.

RE: eyes closed how to?? - Slynky - 02-15-2012

(02-14-2012, 08:03 PM)MiissLouWise Wrote: A little story for your closed eyes: A lady bring a photo of her died husband for the newspaper. The guy who received it ask if she has another one without a hat. No. Ok, we will try to take it off. But on which side is the split of the hair ? You will see it when you take off the hat !!!!
Digital can make miracles but not that.

Means: take many photos and you will have open eyes.

Been there, done that.

"Can you remove this guy from the picture?"

"Yep, but I will have to 'ad-lib' the background behind him..."

"Ad-lib?"

"Yeah, make up something abstract to take his place. "

"What's wrong with what's behind him now?"

:facepalm: