Portrait Pro Forums
Raw processing - Printable Version

+- Portrait Pro Forums (https://forum.portraitprofessional.com)
+-- Forum: PortraitPro software (https://forum.portraitprofessional.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: User's hints and tips (https://forum.portraitprofessional.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: Raw processing (/showthread.php?tid=631)

Pages: 1 2

Raw processing - rlpatton - 07-16-2010

Hello,
    I have been using PP off and one for a while now.  My usual work flow is to process Canon RAW files with Lightroom and export as a JPG file.  Then process that JPG with PP.  Just the other day I thought I would try bringing the RAW file directly into PP.  This did not work so well as the rendering on my profiled monitor has distinct pink hue.  The resultant output JPG from PP also has a distinct pink hue (take a look at the clouds in the attached images).  I will be the first to admit I may be doing something wrong as double profiling or something along that line, but I can find anything incorrectly configured.  I did try turning off color management in PP but the results were the same.  Has anyone else noticed issues with Canon Raw files.

Canon 40D
PP 9.7.3

Ideas?

OK.  I've tried to attach sample images but the forum software is blocking all attempts.

RE: Raw processing - Roscoe - 07-17-2010

Try uploading your image/s to a file host such as Photobucket then you can post the link to your file/s.

RE: Raw processing - rlpatton - 07-17-2010

OK, I think I have this right. The first link is to the original Canon 40D Raw image. The second link is to the output JPG from PP.

Thanks,
Ron
http://www.mediafire.com/file/mc56qrd64trwuu4/IMG_2855.CR2
http://www.mediafire.com/i/?7dg2awh0vyejbyy

RE: Raw processing - Gary - 07-20-2010

Unfortunately this is caused by encrypted parts of the file format that we can't decode easily. We are working on this with Canon and will let you know when we have a solution.

RE: Raw processing - rlpatton - 07-20-2010

Ok, thanks for the follow up and information. I will continue to use the Lightroom/PP work flow for now.

RE: Raw processing - rlpatton - 11-26-2010

Gary Wrote:Unfortunately this is caused by encrypted parts of the file format that we can't decode easily. We are working on this with Canon and will let you know when we have a solution.

Any status update on the processing of Canon Raw files?

RE: Raw processing - Gary - 11-27-2010

We have been using the Canon and Nikon developer libraries, which has proven to be quite a large amount of work to get them into shape and working reliably. This is still going through testing, but the good news is that it looks like the encrypted parts of Canon RAW files can now be decoded properly.

There are further technical difficulties in that the Canon and Nikon libraries are 32 bit only, and there are differences between Mac and Windows that we have to deal with. We have solutions for these problems and once testing has finished the updates will be added to a future Portrait Professional release. Assuming there are no further problems uncovered in testing, this will be in the next few weeks.

regards,
Gary

RE: Raw processing - rlpatton - 11-27-2010

Gary Wrote:We have been using the Canon and Nikon developer libraries, which has proven to be quite a large amount of work to get them into shape and working reliably. This is still going through testing, but the good news is that it looks like the encrypted parts of Canon RAW files can now be decoded properly.

There are further technical difficulties in that the Canon and Nikon libraries are 32 bit only, and there are differences between Mac and Windows that we have to deal with. We have solutions for these problems and once testing has finished the updates will be added to a future Portrait Professional release. Assuming there are no further problems uncovered in testing, this will be in the next few weeks.

regards,
Gary

Hello and thanks for the update. I appreciate you getting back to me.

RE: Raw processing - rlpatton - 12-31-2010

Gary Wrote:We have been using the Canon and Nikon developer libraries, which has proven to be quite a large amount of work to get them into shape and working reliably. This is still going through testing, but the good news is that it looks like the encrypted parts of Canon RAW files can now be decoded properly.

regards,
Gary

Hello,
Any further progress with RAW processing?
Thanks.

RE: Raw processing - Gary - 01-09-2011

There has been lots of progress and Portrait Professional containing the Nikon and Canon libraries is going through final testing now.

Gary