Portrait Pro Forums
New Windows 10 updates - Printable Version

+- Portrait Pro Forums (https://forum.portraitprofessional.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forum.portraitprofessional.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: General chit chat (https://forum.portraitprofessional.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: New Windows 10 updates (/showthread.php?tid=5516)

New Windows 10 updates - williamting - 12-05-2017

I installed Windows 10 updates on my computer on Sunday. I experience the following problems:

1. Photoshop CC 2018 behaved erratic; very slow and sometimes, it is just crazy! It reached a stage that I can't work anymore.
2. My printer stopped working as the USB port seems to switch on and off. So, for three whole days, I debugged and finally concluded that it must be the updates.

I finally rolled back to the previous version last night and now everything is back to normal.

Just a head-up to anyone who is undecided about the updates. Don't install it!

RE: New Windows 10 updates - Chris - 12-13-2017

Windows has been a nightmare to applications. I had problems with Portrait Pro, being after successfully installing the app it worked fine until I closed it, then when trying to reopen the app. there would be a warning saying it wasn't compatible with windows 10. After many windows updates, Portrait Pro magically started to work. Windows 10 is a joke for the average user.

RE: New Windows 10 updates - williamting - 12-14-2017

Windows 10 is supposed to fix incompatibility issues. You just right click on the exe files and select "Check for Compatibility". It gives you the option to fix it. I did that to a few of my apps last month.

RE: New Windows 10 updates - razashaikh - 12-27-2017

Had the same issue. But it is fixed now.

RE: New Windows 10 updates - Lissa77 - 01-10-2018

it's not the permanent issue with window 10.

RE: New Windows 10 updates - williamting - 06-10-2018

My SSD died suddenly and I have just reinstalled Windows 10 (Version 10.0.17134) on my computer and everything seems to work perfectly. It seems to be faster also.

So far, I didn't encounter any issue with my software (Adobe Creative CC, and Portrait Pro V17).

BTW my Windows 10 was downloaded directly from Microsoft support site.

RE: New Windows 10 updates - tebogan - 06-11-2018

(06-10-2018, 05:15 PM)williamting Wrote: My SSD died suddenly and I have just reinstalled Windows 10 (Version 10.0.17134) on my computer and everything seems to work perfectly. It seems to be faster also.

So far, I didn't encounter any issue with my software (Adobe Creative CC, and Portrait Pro V17).

BTW my Windows 10 was downloaded directly from Microsoft support site.

Sorry to hear about the SSD. Currently making a new Ryzen with nvme and HDD 
drive for storage of finished images.

RE: New Windows 10 updates - williamting - 06-18-2018

tebogan,
Looks like we have the same system. My NVMe died and it is now on warranty claim. As a temporary solution, I bought a SSD by Intel and when my NVMe returns, I am looking in ways to mirror them, if possible.

RE: New Windows 10 updates - reacher - 02-03-2019

Well that's not for everyone, maybe some of the users faced this issue. Thank God I wasn't the one.