Portrait Pro Forums
Saved image is more saturated? - Printable Version

+- Portrait Pro Forums (https://forum.portraitprofessional.com)
+-- Forum: PortraitPro software (https://forum.portraitprofessional.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: User's hints and tips (https://forum.portraitprofessional.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: Saved image is more saturated? (/showthread.php?tid=4356)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Saved image is more saturated? - jdwirick - 11-11-2016

I have been having the same issue with the faces being saved back into PS as being very red. I have resolved most of my issue and am getting much more consistent results by toggling off the Skin Coloring Controls, Picture Controls, and Skin Lightiing Controls, or some combination of them. Hope it helps.

I am running PP StudioMax v 15.6 on a 27" iMac Retina 5K, OS 10.11.16. I am opening my images in a LR CC catalog, exporting to PS CC and processing the portraits in PP15.

Hope it helps.

RE: Saved image is more saturated? - ErikaAnthropics - 11-11-2016

(11-11-2016, 02:54 PM)jdwirick Wrote: I have been having the same issue with the faces being saved back into PS as being very red.  I have resolved most of my issue and am getting much more consistent results by toggling off the Skin Coloring Controls, Picture Controls, and Skin Lightiing Controls, or some combination of them.  Hope it helps.

I am running PP StudioMax v 15.6 on a 27" iMac Retina 5K, OS 10.11.16.  I am opening my images in a LR CC catalog, exporting to PS CC and processing the portraits in PP15.

Hope it helps.

Hello,

Can you tell us what color space you are using? Please note that PortraitPro does not support ProPhoto RGB.

RE: Saved image is more saturated? - lasmith008 - 10-14-2017

I have the same issue with PP V17 and also had it with V12. The recommendation to turn of "Skin Lighting Control" resolved my issue. It didn't matter if I used plug-in or standalone. When I opened in PS image had too much red. I also tried with "Picture Controls" on and off and no issue with too much red.

Thanks for the feedback.

RE: Saved image is more saturated? - Rumbalow - 10-23-2017

(11-11-2016, 03:05 PM)ErikaAnthropics Wrote:
(11-11-2016, 02:54 PM)jdwirick Wrote: I have been having the same issue with the faces being saved back into PS as being very red.  I have resolved most of my issue and am getting much more consistent results by toggling off the Skin Coloring Controls, Picture Controls, and Skin Lightiing Controls, or some combination of them.  Hope it helps.

I am running PP StudioMax v 15.6 on a 27" iMac Retina 5K, OS 10.11.16.  I am opening my images in a LR CC catalog, exporting to PS CC and processing the portraits in PP15.

Hope it helps.

Hello,

Can you tell us what color space you are using? Please note that PortraitPro does not support ProPhoto RGB.

RE: Saved image is more saturated? - Rumbalow - 10-23-2017

I have the same problem with faces being discoloured on saving into Lightroom or Photoshop. I am also having the problem when I change the background within PortraitPro.

I am  using PortraitPro Studio v17.1 64 bit.

The settings I have are the recommended ones:
File Format: TIFF
Colour Space: sRGB
Bit Depth: 8 bit
Resolution: 240
Compression: LZW

RE: Saved image is more saturated? - miroperez@hotmail.com - 10-31-2017

I've seen the comment from support a couple of times saying they don't support ProPhoto RGB. Is this only for previous versions of the product as the current v17 has it as a selection option in the Preferences: Color tab?

RE: Saved image is more saturated? - zobeleye - 01-25-2018

Same here, except red problem is here when opening any file, when saved pand viewed in another application problem goes away. no way to edit in version 17 and see what is actually happening during editing, therefoer completely useless and support is a bad joke...YES, i mean you, Erika and apparently the SuperModerator only comes in once a year...deeply disappointed, have entered several support tickets and only getting generic questions a nd answers that I have answered and specified numerous times...

RE: Saved image is more saturated? - greg thomason - 11-03-2018

A lot of people are also complaining of a color shift with the latest version.

RE: Saved image is more saturated? - therealalexsays - 03-24-2019

Still having this issue. Using ProPhotoRGB in Lightroom, Photoshop 19 (20.0.4) and PP 18. Really disappointed that this has been going on for how many years and it's still a problem? What's the fix? Is there one?