Portrait Pro Forums

Full Version: Skin looks like Scales??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Sharpening increases the contrast of the detail in the skin. Putting the skin texture slider down so it's negative decreases the contrast of the texture in the skin, so what you've done is get the two things to cancel each other out. Another way of approaching it, would be to mask out the skin when sharpening the rest of the picture. Typically in portraits you'd want to sharpen the eyes and the mouth but not the skin, which is why we have sharpening sliders for those features.

Tony

Graphirus

Dear Tony,

I also have seen this problem happening from time to time on my photographs and always I have to retouch in photoshop. Anyway, I've been thinking that one personal approach would be to create my own customized skin textures, even from the very own model's skin, and use them instead of the default ones. My question is: what are the requisites for a skin texture? How do I make one?  I've seen that those textures are not simply grayscale ones.

Thanks!
Hi Graphirus,

The skin textures format that are included along with Portrait Professional are not easily produced in existing software (it is done in a new piece of software that we are beta testing now). However if your skin has gone wrong it is unlikely to be solved by using a different skin texture, as the skin textures given are just templates that are then processed by the software to produce synthetic skin. It is more likely that it is that processing (which is directed by the Skin Texture sliders) that is producing bad results. Is it possible to post a pp file with problems showing in it? I could give a more thorough answer if I could see what is going on.

Tony

Graphirus

admin Wrote:Hi Graphirus,

The skin textures format that are included along with Portrait Professional are not easily produced in existing software (it is done in a new piece of software that we are beta testing now).  However if your skin has gone wrong it is unlikely to be solved by using a different skin texture, as the skin textures given are just templates that are then processed by the software to produce synthetic skin.  It is more likely that it is that processing (which is directed by the Skin Texture sliders) that is producing bad results.   Is it possible to post a pp file with problems showing in it?   I could give a more thorough answer if I could see what is going on.

Tony

Everything is ok now Tony, I guess this problem happens to every novice on this software )) By adjusting the texture sliders I managed to get rid of the syntetic texture spoiling my photograph )

My best regards,
Juan
Pages: 1 2