Portrait Pro Forums

Full Version: Version 10 plug-in issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Everything is working fine now and I'm very happy with all the help I got!

@rdublupp I hope that you're PPS10 will work also by now!

Karen
Hi,

To get rid of this problem for the Mac users, it is best to clean your computer of all old installs of PortraitProfessional and then make a fresh install of version 10. Afterwards, delete all the PortraitProfessional plugins from your Photoshop Plug-ins folder and install the new ones using PortraitProfessional 10.

To do so, please follow these steps:

1. Right click on Portrait Professional in your Applications folder, then send it to the Trash. (even the version 10 install you have now)
2. Open the Finder view, then go to File and click on New Finder Window. Click on Library, and then Preferences. Now scroll down and look for anything containing the name "portraitprofessional" and also move it to the Trash.
3. Then, please download version 10 again from the link you got in the upgrade email. Install it and activate it using your token.
4. Go to the Photoshop Plug-ins folder (e.g. Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS5/Plug-ins) and move to Trash the file named PSFilterPPLauncher.plugin, and PSFilterPPLauncher64.plugin if this is also present.
5. Launch PortraitProfessional10 and install the plugin into the Photoshop Plug-ins folder (e.g: Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS5/Plug-ins).
6. Run Photoshop and check if it launches the correct PortraitProfessional application.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Cristina
Anthropics Technology
cristina

i had cs4 and never installed studio 9.
got upgrade to studio 10 and cs5.
ran pp dmg and said i installed, but
can find no trace of it in cs5 or any of the
files you mentioned. what next for me?

not urgent, but would like to get it running.

thanks QC

cristina Wrote:Hi,

To get rid of this problem for the Mac users, it is best to clean your computer of all old installs of PortraitProfessional and then make a fresh install of version 10. Afterwards, delete all the PortraitProfessional plugins from your Photoshop Plug-ins folder and install the new ones using PortraitProfessional 10.

To do so, please follow these steps:

1. Right click on Portrait Professional in your Applications folder, then send it to the Trash. (even the version 10 install you have now)
2. Open the Finder view, then go to File and click on New Finder Window. Click on Library, and then Preferences. Now scroll down and look for anything containing the name "portraitprofessional" and also move it to the Trash.
3. Then, please download version 10 again from the link you got in the upgrade email. Install it and activate it using your token.
4. Go to the Photoshop Plug-ins folder (e.g. Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS5/Plug-ins) and move to Trash the file named PSFilterPPLauncher.plugin, and PSFilterPPLauncher64.plugin if this is also present.
5. Launch PortraitProfessional10 and install the plugin into the Photoshop Plug-ins folder (e.g: Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS5/Plug-ins).
6. Run Photoshop and check if it launches the correct PortraitProfessional application.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Cristina
Anthropics Technology
i got $29 upgrade offer, but being a dolt went to site
and buy for $59. Trying to license/install think I might
have bought for $89. I can live with $59, but paying twice not.
can you do anything on this also?

thanks

QC
please contact the support team using the support pages on the web site and they can usually help in these situations.

Gary
Pages: 1 2