Portrait Pro Forums

Full Version: How do I crop a full body photo into a head photo?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just bought a download of Portrait Professional 9 Standard version and when I reworked a photo it printed out in full body. I wish to be able to crop so only the head appears. I was told that PP 9 has a "crop" feature, but I cannot find it. I hit the letter "c" and a screen comes up but I cannot crop the photo. Is the "Crop" feature only available in PP 9 Studio version? Thank you for your reply. I have tried to get this question answered by going to PP 9 support, but I cannot get the help I desire evidently.  Rolleyes
Crop the photo in another programme, such as Irfanview (which is free) then just import the head portion into PP.
You can download Irfanview here
http://www.irfanview.com/

Download the zip file of plugins/addons too (they're free too) and are very handy.
Hi,

The crop feature is in all products. Scroll down the sliders section until you see a button labeled "Show Picture Controls" and click on it. Then press the crop button. (Or you could have just pressed 'C') You can now move the crop grid around by dragging it with the mouse. When you have finished press the "Commit" button, which is near the crop button. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Tony
Tony,

Thank you very much for your help. I found out that the "Crop" button was there all the time. I just did not scroll down far enough. Is there any way to reduce the photo output from 8 X 10 to a smaller picture? I did not see any settings to do this. Thanks again for your expert help.

te=admin]
Hi,

The crop feature is in all products.  Scroll down the sliders section until you see a button labeled "Show Picture Controls" and click on it.   Then press the crop button. (Or you could have just pressed 'C') You can now move the crop grid around by dragging it with the mouse.  When you have finished press  the "Commit" button, which is near the crop button.   Let me know if you have any other questions.

Tony
[/quote]
infranview as mentioned above is a great free program for resizing etc
It sounds like what you are talking about is printing at different sizes. Currently PP only offers the ability to print to a full page. If you want more printing options, free software like ifranview offer lots.

Tony