Portrait Pro Forums

Full Version: Version 18
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone else install this yet? Rummaged to find my previous token, installed upgrade, and seems to be working fine. Will be playing around with new features and maybe post a photo or two. Does look like an improvement in detection. I have Studio version
Just upgraded from Studio17 to Studio18.
Everything went flawlessly and is working Smile
still getting some bleed over on face detection - purple mask on clothing etc.
I find the default results look more natural than v17.

In v17 I always had to do adjustments to the defaults after I loaded an image, while in v18 it looks better without me having to do anything.
I also find the automated masks are more accurate.
So an improvement here, in my opinion anyway Smile

Only sad thing is my real face didn't any get prettier... it only got a year older Smile
The Smartfilter is annyoing. If I have PP as a smartfilter its starts the software too often. For example if I hit the eye next to the PP layer to hide and unhide it, it starts the program, if I edit the smartfilter base photo and go back, it opens up Portrait Pro twice. Thats just annoying.
When did this version 18 come out?
Anyone of you guys using: Portraitpro Studio Max 18 (PPSM 18) on Windows 10, 64bit ???.
I updated from v17 and I am having a problem whereby, PPSM 18 is not working as a Plugin for Lightroom Classic v8.0.

After right clicking on an image, and clicking on 'Edit In', and selecting Edit in PPSM, PPSM 18 does NOT open, however the image is returned to LR as a Tiff (specified) a short while later.
PPSM 18 does not open on the Select Gender page allowing one to select a gender and subsequently, make any changes (edit) to the image.
This all worked fine with the previous version PPSM 17. Still waiting for a fix from Anthropics Portraitpro. First reported Oct. 26.
Will appreciate your feedback.
(11-06-2018, 07:50 PM)narf Wrote: [ -> ]The Smartfilter is annyoing. If I have PP as a smartfilter its starts the software too often. For example if I hit the eye next to the PP layer to hide and unhide it, it starts the program, if I edit the smartfilter base photo and go back, it opens up Portrait Pro twice. Thats just annoying.

I agree that the Smart Filter isn't working as it should. Not only does it start up from scratch each time you turn visibility on or off, but when it does start up it forgets the previous settings, which is the whole point of a Smart Filter. In addiition, if you crop your image afterward PP crashes.

Love the Smart Filter feature. Really want it to work as it should.

-wick