PortraitPro Forums

Full Version: Studio Trial: Photoshop plug-in: I can't tell what actually happens with trial.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Rusty v9.8 Studio owner. Semi-newbie with v15 Trial of Studio-64.
This is a similar question to one asked about the Lightroom plug-in. Sorry for the duplication, but I wanted to keep the issues separated.

I've been able to install and set-up the plug-in for PP to work with Photoshop. However, when I "come back" from PP to Photoshop, I can't tell what happened. 

That's probably due to understandable restrictions of the Trial. I wouldn't expect the changes to be "sticky". However a large "TRIAL" watermark might be something to consider by the developers.

Suppose I start with a .dng that has been tweaked and cropped by Adobe ACR, and opened up in Photoshop. Then I "hand over" the file to PP for it to "do its magic" to taste.

When I am finished in PP and return to Photoshop, is the result a .tif or .psd with a new layer? A layer + mask? I understand that the original .dng has been "destructed" in that nothing done by PP "sticks" to the .dng.

Or are "smart objects" involved? I don't really understand those and have rarely used.

BTW, 
My guess would be that with many portraits, 80% to 90% of the pixels wouldn't change. With a lot of portraits to process from a "volunteer photo booth", the files sizes of .tiff's can slow things down.