Portrait Pro Forums

Full Version: Auto Exposure Adjustment
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sad
When ever I upload my photo into the PP software, the exposure is automatically adjusted. I want to be able to edit my photos without the software making any automatic changes for me. I noticed that the lighting on my photos always changes when I import my photos into the software. My bright photos always get darker no matter what. I click the reset photo to original photo button and that doesn't reset the photo. I really need this to change. It's affecting the way my photos come out and that's really annoying and unprofessional.
I can understand your frustration! But I think PP has a solution for this, which I personally like it.

What you do is to adjust one of your images to what you want. After this adjustment, save it as preset by clicking [Save Preset] button. You will be asked whether this is default for Male or Female.

Now, every time you open an image, this new preset will be applied.

(06-05-2014, 05:08 AM)williamting Wrote: [ -> ]I can understand your frustration! But I think PP has a solution for this, which I personally like it.

What you do is to adjust one of your images to what you want. After this adjustment, save it as preset by clicking [Save Preset] button. You will be asked whether this is default for Male or Female.

Now, every time you open an image, this new preset will be applied.

Thanks for the reply, but I don't understand how that helps. That's exactly what I don't want to happen. Each picture is unique and has a different exposure, I don't want the software applying any light or auto exposure based on another photos exposure. I want to be able to adjust the photo based on its own exposure or settings
If that is the case, you just have to click "Reset to Original Image" under Presets. I am unaware of a simpler solution.

I just realise that there may be a way to overcome this, ie, everything automatically set to "original". My suggestion, you click on "Rest to Original Image" and save this as your own preset. This time, you click both Male and female during save.

update 1: I just found that adjusting face outline will have no effect on the portrait unless Face Sculpt Controls is set to anything but not "0".]

update 2: BTW, thanks for asking this question. After answering this post, I just realised that I like better what I have just done, ie, "Reset to Original Image" and start from scratch as everyone has different skin tone, etc.]

update 3: My suggestion above has been tested and is found to be working!

Wish you luck and have joy in using PP!