Portrait Pro Forums

Full Version: Ghosting around head
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[attachment=633]Since upgrading to 12... I see a sort of HALO, left and right of the face of the model. A darker area visible on the background...
Maybe it is the new lighting controls. Try turning that off
(03-14-2014, 06:26 PM)Skids Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe it is the new lighting controls. Try turning that off

Well, Turning 'HAIR CONTROLS' off all together solves the problem...
Leaving me without Hair controls...

Other artifacts apear next to the head after that... Switching Lighting controls off solves that too.

Swithing features OFF, solves problems... not what I expect from a new version...
Enter a trouble ticket at:
http://www.portraitprofessional.com/support

Enter the type computer you are using, including the operating system.

Hope this helps

(03-14-2014, 10:37 PM)tebogan Wrote: [ -> ]Enter a trouble ticket at:
http://www.portraitprofessional.com/support

Enter the type computer you are using, including the operating system.

Hope this helps

Ticket was already filed...
(03-13-2014, 11:03 PM)pdb@connexion.eu Wrote: [ -> ]Since upgrading to 12... I see a sort of HALO, left and right of the face of the model. A darker area visible on the background...
I have had this problem too, but only with one photograph so far. For me the dark halo appeared only on one side of the face. The edge of the face that had the halo was just out of focus - I shoot at a relatively wide aperture to keep the eyes and lips in focus but the ears start to go soft.
I am having the same issue, and I was thinking it was maybe my imagination, and was going to look at my orig file to see if it was an actual shadow in the orig file. I'd love to know the fix you were able to find.

Thanks,
Rick
I have found that this occurs when zoomed in to the face. It didnt appear to happen when I worked images in the "fit" view.

I was working images on a white background and could see the ghosting around my subject. Using the restore brush to erase it away worked effectively. My problem was that I had processed quite a few until I noticed it. It was easier to spot in Lightroom in the "Thumbnail" in the upper left corner in LR5 than it was in the main image (exploded) view. Once you know its there you see it for sure. Ugh...reprocessing.
I just joined this forum because I'm experiencing the same problem on a regular basis. It doesn't matter if I'm shooting under studio lights at f8 or high key window light at f3.5. I discovered it the hard way after I got a few large portrait prints back. As suggested, I'll try turning off Lighting Controls and Hair Controls but that doesn't make sense. The first complaint of this in this thread is a year and a half old. They haven't fixed this problem yet? Seriously?
I found the solution in another thread! Thanks!
-----------------------------------

AngAT Offline
Administrator

Threads: 0
#2 03-05-2015, 01:05 PM
The halo you are seeing around the head of the subject is caused by the Hair mask spilling over to the background.

To correct this open Hair Control > View/Edit mask area > set a solid color to make it easier to see the mask > Use the Cut back brush to remove the hair mask from the background and any other area outside the hair.
Pages: 1 2