Portrait Pro Forums

Full Version: greeen screen use
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I use PP II for school portrait green screen work. PP II has a great ability to pull many faces out of a crowd no problem, however a single portrait on a clear (green) background seems to be a problem for regular recognitions. I end up using the manual identification more than 50 % of the time. Any suggestions ?
I use blue screen and found that it is quite good most of the time, ie, >90%. Sometimes, the detection is "strangely" inaccurate. Because it seldom happens, I don't pull a fuss over it. I am sure the developers are busy trying to fix this issue but I think there is no harm for you to send in samples.

This is definitely an improvement I would like to see in V12, ie, overall better skin and face detection.
(12-09-2013, 09:25 AM)williamting Wrote: [ -> ]I use blue screen and found that it is quite good most of the time, ie, >90%. Sometimes, the detection is "strangely" inaccurate. Because it seldom happens, I don't pull a fuss over it. I am sure the developers are busy trying to fix this issue but I think there is no harm for you to send in samples.

This is definitely an improvement I would like to see in V12, ie, overall better skin and face detection.

Thanks. With standard master's backgrounds there is not a problem at all. Perhaps the dominance of one color (blue or green) causes the confusion.
Upgraded to V12. Love the new directional lighting tool. On green screen use it sometimes ghosts the side of the lighted side, causing a small double image of the edge of the cheek. No problem if the hair is over the cheek line. Any comments
Check the skin detection. The skin detection may have spilled over. If that is the case, trim it back. If it doesn't fix the problem, try to cut back using a smaller brush using restore Brush ®. I noticed this problem if the skin at the cheek is very fair.