Portrait Pro Forums

Full Version: Eye Control Problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay, so I am adjusting the pupil of my subjects eye and I inadvertently double click on the center point, and *poof* the eye controls disappear leaving the center marker on the adjustable side, and the iris showing on my subject and no pupil and no way to move it or adjust it? The only way I have found to get back the controls is to start the whole process over again and very carefully this time make my adjustments. And this has happened several times which is several times to many!
I have checked through the Help menu and searched the forums but haven't come up with any answers or anybody else having this problem so I assume the answer is right on front of my cursor and I can't find it! Gah!

So then, does anybody else have this problem and how do I get the eye control to come back once it disappears?

(As a side note, I agree with the suggestion of each eye having their own control to turn on or off. It does get a bit freaky and annoying when you have an eye hovering on top of a woman's hair that is covering half of her face and the only solution is to turn all eye controls off when you really want to use the adjustments for the eye that is showing!)
You are absolutely right about this hidden "feature". Perhaps you should raise a ticket and report this issue.

What I am looking for is an undo function to issue like this.
Thank you for the suggestion, I just submitted a ticket! I'll reply back here when I get a response just in case anyone else has the same problem and is looking for an answer too.

Here is a copy of the response -

Message posted by Cattrina M at 10/7/2013 6:56:51 AM
Hi Angelina,

If you click Back (under Enhance Photo on the right), then Back again and then click Select on the face you will be taken back to the slider stage and the eye adjustments returned to normal.

Warm regards,
Catt
Anthropics Technology

Message posted by Angelina Joy Drurey at 10/8/2013 1:35:23 AM
Thank you for your response,
So then if you need to adjust the eyes you had better get them done first before you do anything else because hitting the back button twice resets all the sliders and any work that you have done will be gone and you will be starting over.
Hopefully, you all are working on fixing this? Ü

Message posted by Cattrina M at 10/8/2013 7:27:34 AM
Hi Angelina,

Generally speaking I would suggest making any adjustments to the mark-up lines before doing anything else. This is just to ensure you are getting the best results. However, if you are finding that you're locking the pupil quite frequently then you might want to do the eye adjustments first. Our development team have been notified and are looking into it.

Warm regards,
Catt
Anthropics Technology
I get the impression that reading between the lines, there is a suggestion that Angelina is doing something "wrong" or at least wonky that is causing this. Perhaps I am reading it incorrectly, but I would like to back her up on this. I'm editing a file with four people in it and right now I'm stumped.

Somehow, while editing one of the person's eyes, I lost the pupil and iris circles. All I have is a small crosshair/dot in the center of one eye that leaves me unable to adjust that eye and the fix below hasn't worked for me, or I'm not doing it right.

I have this happen a LOT! Most of the time I am able to just resize the circles, but this time they have disappeared.

FWIW, I am using an intous 5 wacom, so I don't know if it might have to do with the pressure sensitive input that is making it different or what.

-Tom Steele

(10-08-2013, 08:04 PM)Angelina Joy Wrote: [ -> ]Here is a copy of the response -

Message posted by Cattrina M at 10/7/2013 6:56:51 AM
Hi Angelina,

If you click Back (under Enhance Photo on the right), then Back again and then click Select on the face you will be taken back to the slider stage and the eye adjustments returned to normal.

Warm regards,
Catt
Anthropics Technology

Message posted by Angelina Joy Drurey at 10/8/2013 1:35:23 AM
Thank you for your response,
So then if you need to adjust the eyes you had better get them done first before you do anything else because hitting the back button twice resets all the sliders and any work that you have done will be gone and you will be starting over.
Hopefully, you all are working on fixing this? Ü

Message posted by Cattrina M at 10/8/2013 7:27:34 AM
Hi Angelina,

Generally speaking I would suggest making any adjustments to the mark-up lines before doing anything else. This is just to ensure you are getting the best results. However, if you are finding that you're locking the pupil quite frequently then you might want to do the eye adjustments first. Our development team have been notified and are looking into it.

Warm regards,
Catt
Anthropics Technology