Portrait Pro Forums

Full Version: Portrait Professional 9 Colour Managed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I want to thank the support staff who worked tirelessly on my problem with the yellowish cast on pictures. I am very happy to say that after they understood what my problem was (my problem in communicating), they were able to find a fix. The plugin now saves me a great deal of time. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
Unless I am missing something, the plug in still does not support colour management. It has been a long time since this thread was started, has anything been done about this?

Just to clrify this is not the open with problem that I believe was solved. This is the plugin for Photoshop (64 bit in my case)
Hi Skids,

in fact the plugin always works in colour managed mode, and this has always been the case. This can be a problem if you are running Photoshop without colour management. As far as I know this is the only remaining problem with the plugin, but its also a very unusual way to work.

regards,
Gary
Anthropics
Gary Wrote:Hi Skids,

in fact the plugin always works in colour managed mode, and this has always been the case. This can be a problem if you are running Photoshop without colour management. As far as I know this is the only remaining problem with the plugin, but its also a very unusual way to work.

regards,
Gary
Anthropics

Hi Gary.

I appreciate that it is because its colour managed and I also appreciate it may be a very unusual way to work but shouldn't that choice be up to the customer :-)

Regards

Darren
I agree and the bug is logged and will be fixed. I'm just pointing that its not as important as some other things we need to do first.

Gary
Gary Wrote:I agree and the bug is logged and will be fixed. I'm just pointing that its not as important as some other things we need to do first.

Gary

Thanks Gary. I have now set up colour management on my PC so wont pester you any more :-)
I am having a severe color problem with PP 9.4.2 that was not present in previous versions. I have happily used it for hundreds of portraits but this new update has rendered it useless to me.

After mapping the key points the "before" and "after" images appear. It is obvious that the "after" image has made critical changes to the color.

Severe color shift PP image

This image shows the forehead only. Note that the top of the image shows a much different color than the rest of the face. (This was where I had indicated the skin area was so that the changes could be compared.)

I had made absolutely NO changes to the sliders. Please note that it still says "Revert to original image" and that the sensitivity for skin blemishes is set to "off".

The image colors in Photoshop CS4 (before touching PP 9.4.2) were

R  188
G  135
B  110

These values are what should appear in the "Before" image, but they don't!

After saving the image I used Photoshop CS4 and mapped the colors in the two different areas. The RGB numbers are as follows:

Before        After
R  208           210
G  144           169
B  118           129

This is absolutely wrong! There is no reasonable person who can justify the program making such terrible changes to the colors.

Admin -- I would love to hear any solution you can propose. The technical support team has not made any viable suggestions and told me to "use the skin hue slider" to correct the skin color. That is ridiculous!
Hi Harry,

I agree, that is a severe color shift. The best way to get to the bottom of it is to send us a pp file with the problem in it. The best way of doing that is to send admin a private message with a link from senduit.com, and we will look into it. Let me know if I can be of help in any other way.

Tony
Admin,

I have sent you a PM with the url to the file I uploaded. Thanks for taking a look at it.

I also received the link to the previous version which I will install so I can get back to work. This is a very good program and was very useful in my business until this color shift issue raised it's ugly head.

Thanks again,
Harry
Tony,

I uploaded the image again to senduit.com and sent PM with the link. Sorry about not seeing that I could change the time out period. That was my first experience with that site.

I'm really looking forward to hearing from you.

Take care,
Harry
Pages: 1 2 3