Portrait Pro Forums

Full Version: Red blotches/Tint on faces after editing in PP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello:
I upgraded to the Studio 64 version for Win. I use Windows 8 64bit and CS6. When editing an image in CS6 and run the PP plug-in, I edit the image and it seems perfect, then when i return to CS6 the image shows a red tint in all the edited areas of the face. How can i correct this issue. Attached a sample of before and after. Help Please.
Hi cleverxp,

Can you tell us if you're running the latest version of the software. It should be 11.1.10.

You can check by going to Help> About.

If it's not 11.1.10, can you update by going to Help> Check For Updates and tell us if the issue is still occurring?

Hello Arjun:
I have the latest version PP V11.1.10, Studio 64 Edition. The problem persisted after the upgrade. You said that maybe the face features and makeup did not help, it's possible...but i've tried other faces and it happens frequently to any face. I'll try removing the tint/color options in PP: It improves when removing this options. I'll upload some examples for you to consider. And remember: everything looks perfect when you are in the stand alone program or the plug-in for CS6; the problem is when you click return from the plug-in to CS6 or when you save the file and/or exit PP. It's like something happens to the file when saving it or returning it to CS6.

(01-29-2013, 12:46 PM)Arjun Wrote: [ -> ]Hi cleverxp,

Can you tell us if you're running the latest version of the software. It should be 11.1.10.

You can check by going to Help> About.

If it's not 11.1.10, can you update by going to Help> Check For Updates and tell us if the issue is still occurring?

Hi Cleverxp,

I think my setup is similar to yours.

Fortunately, I don't experience this issue. I have just tried on a similar photo like your sample above.

Try to disable "Skin Coloring Area" and see whether this help. There is a green round button on the right side. Just click on it.

Next, you may like to ensure that the Skin coloring area -> Auto Exposure is set to the left, ie, 0.

Just a tip from me here: For darker complexion or if there are darker areas on the skin, try to check skin area and extended those areas not automatically selected.
I'm having the same problem from the Lightroom Plugin. I'm exporting as ProPhoto RGB and 16bit Tiff and I think that it is the colorspace that is giving the issue. The problem is when it saves the file. It looks great in PP, but if you look at it after you save it, it changes the skin color.
There we go. Use sRGB. Portrait professional apparently can't save ProPhoto RGB. It can read it, but not save it as such.
(04-04-2013, 04:43 PM)photogadam Wrote: [ -> ]I'm having the same problem from the Lightroom Plugin. I'm exporting as ProPhoto RGB and 16bit Tiff and I think that it is the colorspace that is giving the issue. The problem is when it saves the file. It looks great in PP, but if you look at it after you save it, it changes the skin color.
There we go. Use sRGB. Portrait professional apparently can't save ProPhoto RGB. It can read it, but not save it as such.

This exactly describes the problem that I am having. I am using PP Studio 64 11.3.4 / ZRaw 1.3 as a Photoshop CC plug-in on Windows 8 Version 6.2.9200, and am working in 16-bit ProPhoto RGB colour space. I believe that you're right, that the problem occurs when PP saves to ProPhoto RGB, since all looks good while in the PP editor. According to the feature list, Studio and Studio 64 are supposed to support "conversion between different color spaces". I choose to work in ProPhoto colour space for a reason, so narrowing down to sRGB before working in PP is not an acceptable workaround for me.

Can someone from Anthropics please comment on this issue?

Thanks,

David

(By the way, my workaround for now is to mask out only the skin colour changes that PP makes. To do that, when I return from the plug-in to Photoshop, I duplicate the layer made by PP, with my original version underneath this pair. I set the blend mode of bottom of the pair of PP layers to Luminosity, and set the top layer's blend mode to Colour. To quickly mask out the just skin colour changes, working in the top layer, I use Photoshop's Select Colour Range feature, then select Skin Tones with Detect Faces, and then adjust Fuzziness as needed. I use the selection to create a layer mask. I like the skin colour corrections that I am able to achieve with PP, so I would much rather that they be rendered properly in 16-bit ProPhoto colour space so that I could use them.)
David, thanks for your tips. Learning something new everyday!
I'm having the same problem with ProPhoto RGB conversions. It's not just Lightroom, but Photoshop as well. One workaround is not to import into PortraitProfessional using ProPhoto colorspace. This with PP 11.3.4
I am afraid that we do not support the ProphotoRGB colour profile. To double check what colour profiles we do support, run Portrait Professional then go to "File > Settings > Colour".

I would recommend changing your Lightroom colour profile settings for the Portrait Professional external editor. To do this run Lightroom then go to: "Edit > Preferences > External Editing" I would recommend using the colour profile sRGB.

Emma
(08-13-2013, 03:37 PM)emma Wrote: [ -> ]I am afraid that we do not support the ProphotoRGB colour profile.

Emma, thank you for this explanation.

May I suggest that Anthropics state this limitation clearly on the PortraitProfessional website? Currently, it states only that the Studio version "supports conversion between different color spaces" which is at best vague and incomplete, and is arguably misleading.

I have posted two related feature requests to that section of the forum: http://www.portraitprofessional.com/Foru...p?tid=3523

David A. Gilmour
Lumacraft Photography

Pages: 1 2