Portrait Pro Forums

Full Version: Reduce pupil size
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

I like the eye enhancements a lot, but I´m missing one thing:
When shooting a model in a fairly dark environment, the pupil becomes rather large and the dark pupil leaves little room for the original color of the iris.

Thus I would like to see a slider added that allows to reduce the size of the pupil by extending the iris color into the pupil area.
From my point of view that should be fairly easy to implement as the areas are definded beforehand and I do think this would be a great enhancement for the eye enhancements section..

Best regards - MacSass
There is a pupil reducer. It's under the eyes slider

(07-01-2012, 10:27 PM)MacSass Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

I like the eye enhancements a lot, but I´m missing one thing:
When shooting a model in a fairly dark environment, the pupil becomes rather large and the dark pupil leaves little room for the original color of the iris.

Thus I would like to see a slider added that allows to reduce the size of the pupil by extending the iris color into the pupil area.
From my point of view that should be fairly easy to implement as the areas are definded beforehand and I do think this would be a great enhancement for the eye enhancements section..

Best regards - MacSass

(07-21-2012, 03:24 AM)JKMyers Wrote: [ -> ] There is a pupil reducer. It's under the eyes slider

Hi JKMyers,

thanks for the reply - but I can´t find that one. Where do you think it is?
In the eyes section of "face transformations" or in the sep. eyes enhancement section.

In eyes enhancement I do have a slider to darken pupils only (which even enlarges them in worst case) but no slider to reduce pupil size.

Here is the list of sliders I do have in the eyes enhancement section:
- Whiten eyes
- Brighten eyes
- Brighten area
- Sharpen eyes
- Sharpen eye brows
- Change eye color
- Lighten iris
- Darken pupil
- Remove light reflections
- Darken area

(Translated from German - so names mit not fit 1:1).

Where do you have a slider to reduce pupil size?

Thanks - MacSass

Hi,

wan´t to bring this up again as it has not made it into V11:
Still would be nice if the pupil could not only be made darker but also smaller.

If you shoot in low light situations pupils become rather big so most of the colored iris is not visible anymore.

Hope this can make it into the "smaller community" updates that have been announced. Should be fairly easy to implement as the color needed to fill the area is defind already and adding a slider to the eyes sections would be an obvious addition.

Best regards - MacSass
(11-26-2012, 09:13 PM)MacSass Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

wan´t to bring this up again as it has not made it into V11:
Still would be nice if the pupil could not only be made darker but also smaller.

If you shoot in low light situations pupils become rather big so most of the colored iris is not visible anymore.

Hope this can make it into the "smaller community" updates that have been announced. Should be fairly easy to implement as the color needed to fill the area is defind already and adding a slider to the eyes sections would be an obvious addition.

Best regards - MacSass
MacSass,

You are right. It is indeed not possible to reduce the size of the pupils but expanding it seems to be no issue.

In V11, under the "View Before and After" and moving the mouse over the "before" view, it is now possible to interactively drag the adjustment points and the effect can be viewed on the "After" window. The attached picture is a cut out from the "View Before and After" window.
Hi everyone,

I've passed on your request to the developers and they'll see if it's possible to return this functionality to Portrait Professional v11 in an upcoming update.

Arjun
Thanks, Arjun, for being proactive.
Hi,

thanks Arjun for putting that on the list - I think this makes a lot of sense and should technically be fairly easy to achieve.

It might not even need a new slider - just change the slider for enlargement to a combined slider for "enlargement / reduction" with a default setting of zero - thus it can be used to reduce / enlarge.

Would be nice ...

Regards - MacSass

PS: Thanks williamting for the hint on before/after being interactive now, I was not aware of this. Although it does not help me to reduce pupil size it might be useful in other cases ...
MacSass, you can use the before/after view to interactively reshape the facial features which is very useful, eg, to change the facial outline - to slim, etc.

Arjun, I simply love the interactive before/after view with the interactive adjustment of facial points. If it is not too difficult, can you ask the developer to add in another 1 or 2 extra adjustment points on each side of the face outline only. This would allow an even better and more refined adjustment to the shape of the face. Thanks!
Hi Williamting,

thanks for pointing that out - but I would propose you open a new thread for enhancing the before/after interactivity and keep this thread to "reducing the pupil size" feature request, which is what I´m looking for.

Think we will get the most attention and most fruitful discussion if we have a thread for each individual request.

Cheers and thanks - MacSass
Pages: 1 2