Portrait Pro Forums

Full Version: Lost tools
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok so I just purchased PP and everything was going smoothly but, I went to open the program again and all of the tools with the head, eye, skin, mouth, lighting, ect, tools were missing. It's not there anymore. I was wondering how I would be able to recover these tools??
You're not the first person to have this problem! Take a look at this thread. Let me know if you still have a problem.

Tony
so, now I've lost my basic tools and the eye/skin/face ect tools. I can't find either one of them. I tried sliding around the pictures but nothing shows up....... Sad
Hi,

The two dialogs are only visible after you have finished the markup stage. Once you are in the final stage, there are two ways the boxes can be difficult to see. One possibility is that you've put them underneath the Taskbar at the bottom of the screen. Another possibility is that they are off the side of the screen which can be done by having them on the left or bottom of the screen and then changing down resolution. If neither of these two makes sense to you, you can reset their position, but you need to follow these steps:

Make sure Portrait Professional is not running.
Go to the start menu and run regedit.exe
Go down the list until you get to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Anthropics\Portrait Professional 6\User Settings

On the right hand side you should see a set of keys. Click on the one called SliderDlgHeight and press delete to get rid of it. You might see a message about system instability, but it's ok in this case. N,ow go through and delete SliderDlgLeft, SliderDlgTop and SliderDlgWidth. When you restart PortraitProfessional and finish markup you should see the sliders back in their normal place.

Tony
Thank you soooooooo much!!! Smile
--Courtney